Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Blessing

With a title like Blessing, I know this post could be about anything. It is in fact about the blessing of our little baby Carson whenever that may be. Dave recently called his mom to see if she would do us the honor of making the baby blessing outfit for our little boy (she is a FABULOUS seamstress). Upon this request she told Dave that she would definitely do so if that is what we wanted, but that she is pretty certain she still has Dave's blessing outfit, and would we like to use it? YES!! I don't get sentimental about very many things; it's not really in my nature, but this caught be by suprise and I thought this was really neat. When Dave told me this it about put me in tears.
Then... Dave told me that he would wear the suit his father wore when he blessed Dave.... touching moment OVER! Let me tell you about this suit...
It's a three piece, polyester, powder blue, flare-legged disco mania classic. ALSO, Dave's dad is/was 5'8'' and Dave is 6'3''!!! It hits Dave about mid shin when he is standing; imagine what it's like when he sits down! Now you ask how do I know what this suit looks like so well??
Well, Dave did in fact wear this thing for his senior pictures in high school!!! He matched it with a powder pink shirt, and a retro tie to match. Fortunately, Dave was just trying to get a reaction out of me and boy did it work!
Back to the blessing though; I know I am one day shy of it being Thanksgiving season, but I do want to list some things I am grateful for:
-my wonderful husband
-a forgiving family
-storms that let you snuggle up inside with a hot bowl of soup and a blanket
-summer days
-friends
-a healthy body with which to sustain another life
-growing pains i.e. trials
-a not-so-hairy husband (but I do love my very hairy father dearly)
-beautiful music; I know it's good when I get goosebumps
-fall colors
-good examples
-a generous boss
-prayer
-the ability to work hard
-my upbringing
-the holidays
-the list goes on and on...

3 comments:

Ashley A. said...

That's great that he wore that suit for his senior pictures! Wonderful list. I agree with you on the not-so-hairy husband one. :)

Gabrielsen Family said...

I have seen that suit--have picture of it...didn't you wear something like it at a Halloween parade in Northern Idaho. HIde it!

Vance Fager Family said...

You are so funny, I too remember th suit. It's a good one. I like my hairy husband :)