Friday, October 19, 2007

Longest Picture Post Ever

So I never posted a blog entry about the Homecoming date a very handsome wild frontiersman asked me to, but I am repenting now. The story goes that I came home one evening from visiting someone to find my apartment smelling really good with soft music playing in the background, the apartment clean, the lights dimmed, and this poem on the table accompanied by flowers and sour patch kids. My handsome husband asked Carson and I to go to Homecoming with him in the poem...
My handsome husband had even dressed up and was waiting for me...
I don't think he knows he does this; or maybe he does? But, every time he hugs me, or we take pictures now, he ALWAYS has his hand on my stomach. I think it's really cute.
In response to his invitation, I teamed up with my little sister and came up with a fun candy-gram to answer him back. I had her leave it in his locker one day. He was confused because there was no way I could have put it there and he knew it.... I love being sneaky!!

When the big day arrived, we both got fancied up (not quite to the high school extent) and had a great evening together. I put this picture in because I was so very proud of my curly hair. My hair doesn't "do" curly; so I had to take a picture FAST!
For the big date we went to dinner at Doc's Pizza and were almost the only people there. Because of this, they asked us what kind of pizza we wanted and were able to special order all the yummy pizza we could eat! After the dinner, we went to Smith's to rent a dollar movie. On the way we just happened to be passing by Provo High School and noticed it was their Homecoming football game that evening. We have a good friend that is an assistant coach there and he was able to get us in for free. Dave was in seventh heaven reliving his own memories! I had a fun time looking at all the Homecoming Royalty. The queen was particularly striking to me. She was a petite black girl with a shaved head. She had chosen a (modest) beautiful turquoise-ish colored dress which was so gorgeous against her skin... she was LOVELY. After the game we rushed to Dave's intramural volleyball game which he had to play in. (They are playing for the championship tomorrow morning, but that is a story for another day). When the game was through, we came home, cuddled up, and watched our movie. I was on cloud nine after that perfect date with the perfect man!
NOW-- for the NOT SO ROMANTIC story.... remember this? This just to happens to be the night we did Mr. Cricket in. The picture below is of our refridgerator pulled out as we learned was easier to do that initally thought...
R.I.P. Mr. Cricket... maybe I am a bad person, but I don't feel sorry for him AT ALL!!!
Yes, I admit, it was DAVY CROCKETT, in the KITCHEN, with the FLIP-FLOP! Need I remind you it was 2:30 in the morning??
Here is just a few randome pictures. I like the one below because I think the smoke looks neat. My cute parents bought us some gigantic sparklers. It was our favorite part of the night!
This was also on the same vacation. These are some of the most important women (minus Dave) in my life....
...and these are some of the most important men in my life...
Here is a randome picture I thought was kind of funny. I had to deliver a whole bunch of fliers for Stake Conference. The only chance I had to deliver these things was during a nasty rain-storm. Thankfully Dave and I have these really expensive ponchos that kept me pretty dry.
And last, but certainly not least, here is my handsome husband (#19) during an intramural football game. His team is currently undefeated and having a great time! #12 is actually the nice guy who I told you is the assistant coach at Provo High. He was in my ward growing up. I love watching Dave play football; he is really good! I don't like the fact though that I know just enough to get REALLY nervous during the games, but not enough to know when I don't have to be nervous anymore :)

2 comments:

Jeffery and Nicole said...

It sounds like you had so much at homecoming! We didn't go this year because we were busy. Last year was awesome though! I like the baby name, Carson is one of my favorites!

Ashley A. said...

What a sweet guy you have! Your hair does indeed look gorgeous in that picture :).