Monday, October 29, 2007

Weekend Warriors

So Dave and I had quite the weekend and enjoyed every minute of it. On Friday we went to a Halloween Party with a few other couples. My husband dressed up as.... Davy Crockett. Not knowing what to do as an ever growing fat lady, I decided something comfortable was in order. I had gotten on the internet and learned how to tie a toga and was going to make a head/wreath thingy and be a Grecian (midcitygal and I are on the same page :), but then a stoke of genius hit me and I dressed up as a..... I am not going to tell! I will post the pictures of it tomorrow :)
For the party I was in charge of making chili; it turned out WAY better than I had hoped. I was so pleased that I might even volunteer to make it again sometime. After a night full of games and fun, we went home and hit the hay.
Saturday morning started bright and early with Dave and his buddy Jake out on the Frisbee Golf course in South Provo. I stayed home and cleaned things up a bit. After a day full of Breakfast (x2), football, baseball, lunch with sister, games with other sister, and lots more in between, I was BEAT.
I could not seem to wake myself up Sunday morning. I got ready just in time for Welfare Meeting but still felt the need to wedge some toothpicks between my upper and lower eyelids so as to hide just how tired I was. When the meeting was over, I was standing in the Clerk's office waiting for Dave so we could go home. That is when we got assigned to speak in Sacrament that day. There was a miscommunication about who was supposed to schedule speakers, so Dave, myself, and the Executive Secretary were put up to the task. Dave and I raced home and prepared talks from noon to 1:30, and then went back to the church. It's safe to say, I wasn't feeling sleepy anymore!! We managed to pull of our talks on the Atonement. I thought Dave did a great job, as well as the other speaker. When church was over, we managed to fit a few things before going to bed... once again.... we were beat.
In fact, as I sit here in my chair, I realized I am really not sitting at all. My bum is all the way at the front of the seat, I am slumped in such a position that while my head is resting agains the back of the chair, my chin is about touching my chest. My fingers are the only things moving as my arms are resting on my lap with mininal effort to reach the keyboard. My legs are flopped apart since the effort to bring them togeter is too great at the moment, and I can feel my eyelids getting heavier... and heavier. And yet, I am so grateful for a blessed life, and a great weekend full of friends and family; I am one lucky girl.....

1 comment:

MidCityGal said...

Wow, you were going to wear a toga too? That's so funny. We really do have the exact same mindset. Maybe it's because we're having babies *on the same day*. Or close to it. We certainly have plenty in common already.