Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Worshipping the Porcelain Goddess


Help me please! This pregnancy thing has been hard and I can't seem to figure a few things out. I was deathly ill for the first 14 weeks of my pregnancy, and thought I was out of the woods at that point. Starting 14 weeks, I was feeling like I was on top of the world, I didn't throw up and I could do whatever I wanted (it's sad when your home gets to the point that all you WANT to do is clean it). So, thinking everything was downhill from there, you can imagine what an unpleasant suprise when I started throwing up again. I didn't really have any problems until this last week wherein I have thrown up three different days?! Do any of you know why, or what I can do to stop this?

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

I'm sorry...I happened to click on your page through Jessica Davis's blog (old high school friend) and when I saw your pregnancy post I just had to comment. My name is Adrienne and I have two small kids....and seeing that photo on your page, and hearing how sick you are, my heart goes out to you! I was so sick with both of my kids, it is so awful, isn't it?
I just had to post one word of advice--have you taken Zofran? If you have, and it doesn't help, bless you. But I threw up for 32 weeks with my daughter...but the Zofran helped A LOT. It can be expensive, but that drug is the only way I am going to be able to face getting pregnant with any more kids!
Good luck...and I hope it goes away soon.

Melanie said...

Adrienne,

Thank you so much for the comment and advice. I also admire that there are tougher people out there than I. Throwing up for 8 months doesn't sound fun. It sounds like I will HAVE to look into Zofran; if taking expensive pills is the difference between 1 kid and many, I think it would be a great deal :)

Jenn said...

Um...........stop eating???

Adrienne said...

Yes, look into it. I'm serious--out here my friends and I were practially drug dealers when it came to Zofran. Some insurances allowed you to get more than others, so those of us lucky enough to spare some would give them to those who were in need. I remember no longer being sick but I kept getting my Rx filled for a neighbor of a girl I knew in another ward (I never even met her). But, that is how good Zofran is...ask your dr. about it. I just hope after singing its praises that if you do take it, it will work! (I also heard a rumor that there is now a generic version of Zofran so it might not be as expensive).
Anyway, we sick pregnant women have to stick together! Hang in there!