Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Tagged

I was "tagged" a long time ago by my friend Jessica Davis, and have been terrible about posting 7 things about myself. The reason for the delay was because I wanted to use some of the pictures that Dave and I have on our digital camera that we have not uploaded to our computer yet. I decided to quit slacking and do it anyway.

1) Every time we have to dress up for anything, my husband tries to match what I am wearing. He usually does this with his ties, but when it isn't a church event, he will match me with a colored shirt as well. I think it is adorable that he does this.

2) When I was in second grade, I once climbed to the very top of the bathroom stall and peered over into the stall next to me. There sat one of my classmates and it rather startled me. Now, I don't know why I was suprised to find someone in the stall next to me even though I knew it was the bathroom... I guess that is the logic of a 7 year old. I quickly hopped back down from the ceiling of the bathroom (I don't know how I got up there), and left as soon as possible. I was mortified that this girl was going to tell on me and that I would be in big trouble with the principle. I spent the next YEAR worrying about this. My fears of getting in trouble didn't go away until we MOVED STATES. She probably couldn't even remember the situation, and I thought for sure my elementary academic life was over. This is the deepest and longest I think I have truly worried about anything.

3) I have really terrible eyes. People try to tell me ALL THE TIME that they have worse eyes than I do, but I just sit back and smile knowing that their chances of having worse eyes than I do are one in a billion. For those of you that understand prescriptions.... mine is 20/1250. For those of you that don't, I will explain. 20/20 vision means that what your eyes see at 20 feet away, perfect eyes see the same. What my prescription means is that what perfect eyes see at 1,250 feet away, I see it the same at 20 feet away. I don't mind having bad eyes I guess, its not fun or anything, but it is bearable. I just have to wear contacts or glasses at ALL times except when I close my eyes to go to sleep. And just for the record... I do know of a few people (under the age of 60) with worse eyes :)

4) I used to play volleyball in high school, and on competitive club teams during the high school off season. I have been thinking about this lately because volleyball has come up in a few conversations, and I used it in my Relief Society lesson this last Sunday. I am ok telling you what I am going to tell you because I CAN'T PLAY AT ALL ANYMORE, so you don't have to believe me either. BUT.... I was the All-State MVP for largest high schools in Idaho in 2001. We also won the state tournament that year. I remember telling my mom after the final game had been played that I felt that I would never play competitive volleyball again. As it turned out, I had a sports ending surgery the following year while at BYU. It has been hard giving up something that I love, but I feel like I have learned something greater instead.

5) I am afraid of the "mother bear" inside of me. While growing up when my siblings and I would bicker and fight amongst ourselves, I would be right in the middle of it, and could be a naughty girl. However, if ANYONE else picked on ANYONE in our family, I would get ferociously protective. I fear that when I have precious little children of my own and anyone else even thinks a bad thought, I might come unglued. Now don't get me wrong, I DO want to be protective, I DON'T want to be "psycho crazy bully mom."

6) I have always wanted a black eye. I suppose I don't REALLY feel this way anymore, but for the longest time I thought it would be so cool to have a black eye. I didn't necessarily want to EARN a black eye, I just wanted it to appear one day :). I once had a volleyball accidently drop kicked in my face... the ball was drop kicked on purpose, but I wasn't hit on purpose. I came out of that without a scratch or even a bloody nose.

I think the is such a cute kid, and I feel really bad for him, but all the other pictures were kind of greusome. Something else about me too is, I would love a red-headed child. Chances of that are almost non-existent, but I still want one :)

7) My dad once asked me if I HAD to marry one person from high school, who it would be? I didn't have to think long about this, so I answered, "David Crockett.... but that will never happen, if I HAD to, I would marry him, but I don't think I would WANT to marry ANYONE from high school." That was before I really knew who my husband was. I knew he was a good guy then, but I didn't know just had deep in ran. I have never felt and still feel more lucky about anything in my life than my wonderful husband. It's a good thing Heavenly Father knows better than I do...



Ok... so now that I have done this, I will tag all the friends on my friend list... that number is supposed to be 7, but I don't have that many friends. So friends, Jenn, Joanna, Jillian, and Gina, "tag, you're it!"

2 comments:

Jessica Davis said...

Hey!! How cute you are! You are a good sport to play along, and it was fun to learn new things about you. I hope you start feeling better soon!

MidCityGal said...

Melanie! I'm so glad to hear you have a blog. Thanks for commenting on mine. And guess what!? I'm pregnant too-- and due at almost the exact same time as you. I'm due Jan 12. I can tell from your baby ticker on your blog that we are close to the same time. How fun is that? I'm so sorry that you're sick. I was feeling pretty crummy until about 14 weeks or so-- and now I'm feeling a ton better. I don't have too many suggestions though, it's so different for every woman. I liked ginger ale--flat. Ginger is supposed to have some natural anti-nausea effects. Gingersnap cookies too. You could try that. I don't know though. Good luck. I just kept telling myself that millions of women have done this and a lot were willing to do it more than once, so it must be worth it, right? I hope so. I'd love to hear how things go for you.