Friday, August 10, 2007

I have lived....

.... in A LOT of different places. I wasn't planning on posting a blog today, but I was looking at my sisters and she had all the places she had lived, and all in order. The way she posted made it seem like she has lived in a gazillion places, and while I have lived in seven different states, I have moved WAY more than 7 times and feel the desire to re-live every time I can remember packing up and moving out... here it goes:

1) Roanoke, Virginia (depending on that whole... when does a fetus really "have life" debate, I might or might not have lived here so this one doesn't really count)

2) Victoria, Texas - I was born here and we moved when I was 2.

3) Sebastapol, California - Here from 2-4 and this is where my precious little Katie sister was born.

4) Dillon, Montana RENTAL HOUSE - Here for less than a year... but I didn't turn 5 in this house :) Also, my chubby little brudda was born here.

5) Dillon, Montana OUR HOUSE - Here from 5-8. Handsome Ben was born here.

6) Vancouver, Washington - Here from 8-12. I remember our first night in the house was Halloween... I went as a hobo and I think it was rather fitting at that moment in time.

7) Boise, Idaho RENTAL HOUSE - Here from 12 - 13. NOT my favoriet house... but I made some great friends at the school in the district we were in.

8) Boise, Idaho OUR HOUSE - Here from 14- 18. This was BY FAR my favorite house to live in... I don't think I could say enough about this place. It was a HOME.

9) Provo, Utah - 18 years old. This was my freshman year of college in the Heritage Halls dorms.

10) Boise, Idaho - Back to my favorite home for the summer.

11) Provo, Utah - 19 years old and my sophomore year of college. I lived in the ghetto called Alpine Court.

12) Boise, Idaho - DIFFERENT RENTAL HOUSE for the summer. My family had to move out of our "home". This was a particularly rough summer for me, so I spent a lot of my time with my grandparents as well.

13) Provo, Utah - 20 years old living in Hampstead Condos... I loved living in Hampstead.

14) San Rafael, California - I lived with my sister for the summer. I really enjoyed being there, and now I know a lot of great places to go in San Fransisco, but I would NOT want to live there.

15) Provo, Utah - 21 years old and living in Casa Dea. I dated my hubby for the whole year while living here.

16) Boise, Idaho - Dave and I got married in Boise on May 5th, 2006 and we stayed in my bosses little missionary apartment above their garage (it was actually REALLY nice) for that summer.

17) Provo, Utah - 22-current. We now live in Wymount Apartments and have for about a year now. I know it probably sounds strange to hear this, but it is nice to actually settle down for a while (considering we have been her for one year). I got tired of moving every 8 and 4 months. We will be here for another two years.... and will move then. It will have been three years in Wymount, and then off again; I wonder if we will end up moving as much as my parents......

So there you have it, 17 moves, and 6.5 states (that Virginia thing is still debatable.)

4 comments:

Jenn said...

WOW you are much more thorough than I...I am very impressed. I almost want to make the same list just so I can see all the places I have lived too;-) I lived 2 places in cali and 3 JUST AT RICKS:-) CRAZY!!!!

MidCityGal said...

Wow, Melanie. Thanks for letting me know about everyone else who is expecting. That's very exciting. And no, I don't mind if you tell people. We're so excited. Oh, and don't feel bad that you didn't know about me. No one did. I was probably one of the few women in the ward who wasn't publicly discussing my reproductive plans. :) I'm kind of more reserved, that way.

Anyway, I'm very excited to hear how things go for you. Especially because our babies are due at like the exact same time. I definitely want to know what you're having. (We find out on the 27th of August.) Keep me updated.

Dale and Amy Scott Missionaries to Malawi, Africa said...

Hello, My name is Amy Scott...my husband and I are missionaries to Malawi, Africa. My side of the family lives in the Boise, ID area and we are here for the summer to have our baby (due in July). I have tried to find month to month places around here and it's very hard to find a place like that that is also decent. I googled missionary apartments and your blog came up and you mentioned something about living in an apartment here in Boise that was for missionaries? I was just wondering if you could give me some information about that and if you know if it'd be available for us to use for the summer and what the cost was. Sorry for million questions=/...I'd really appreciate a reply the sooner the better--my husband is coming back from a month-long trip Africa next week and I'm in charge of finding a place=) Thank you for your time...God bless!

Anonymous said...

shoot i thought i moved alot!