Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving: A Story of the Crockett Dinner

It was a beautiful evening on Thanksgiving Day at the Preece home. Hundreds have come from miles around to join in this feast of feasts.

Dad set the table, carefully caressing each piece of china or silverware, and wiping away all waterspots from the Arby's wine glasses. Barb cheered him on. "Matt, Jeff! Come help me set the table," Dad cried.

Matt and Jeff were busy reminiscing of the good old days when Matt would rub his younger brothers noses in the carpet. David, fortunately, has not arrived.


"What just happened?"


Meanwhile, Barb stopped cheering for Dad and went to help Mom and Becky in the kitchen. Mom wasn't expecting the the acid flour that Barb would spit on her face. "It stings! It stings!"



No one saw Kimi slipping her dance potion into the drinks under the table. "Ha Ha Ha, they will all dance!"




The kids played dangerously on the trampoline while they waited for dinner. Sydney can't quite get on the tramp to play with the others.


At long last, dinner was ready.



Tyler, who was sitting at the kids table asked, "Grandma, can I sit next to David at the big table?"


"Never mind Grandma."

The table was ready and so was the food. "Let's all go around the table now and say what we are thankful for," Dad suggested. "I'll start."

I'm thankful for DI and Ebay.
Dude, I'm totally thankful for Audi's and sleeping pills.
I'm thankful for Lord of the Rings so I can look like Orcs.



Aha, I'm thankful for my camera, and my stretchy face skin, and uuuh, I'm thankful for grips and having gymnastics moves named after me, aha.

I'm thankful I get to go to work while every other normal person is sleeping, and the dangerous people are out and about.
I'm thankful for my the toll my five kids have taken on my neck.
I'm thankful for sports.


I'm thankful for how cool I am, and how I am taller than you.

Um, I'm like grateful that boys put their hearts like on a silver platter for me.


I'm grateful for the Wii and my sisters, whom I control.


I'm grateful for pregnancy pants and unisom.

I'm grateful for arm wrestling.



Well it just so happens that I am grateful for everything in the world.


I'm grateful for the closet where we keep all of our scented wax. What a high!

I'm grateful for dancing and sour candies!

I'm grateful for when I get to play Hand and Foot at my In-laws.

I'm grateful that my son ain't afraid of nutin.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Got your message, this is unbelievably awesome! So stinking funny! <"...they will all dance!"> hahaha

Erin said...

It looks like you had an awesome Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Love it! loved the part about dad setting the table...soooo perfect!

Adam and Julie H. said...

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! That was hilarious! "Please sir, I want somemore."

Anonymous said...

Yes, family first, then DI, then Ebay... Thanks.. great stuff, Love you, Dad

Vance Fager Family said...

Great recap! Loved the creativity