Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I thought this was pretty cool

I saw this on someone's blog and thought it was a great idea because it was easy and fun. All you have to do is bold the things you've done, and put the other things on your list of things to do! (I don't actually plan on doing a lot of these things, but I thought I would leave the rules as they are supposed to be).
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland (and Disneyworld)
8. Climbed a mountain (Timp was the biggest)
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped (I plan on doing this one!!)
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables (I had a little garden this summer. I grew tomatoes, green peppers, and cucumbers in the BYU Creamery buckets. I was proud of my garden)
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked ( I used to want to, but my parents would have had strokes.)
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping (It's ok mom, I was only like 5, and Jenn made me :)
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice (Um, I have ridden a gondola in the Venitian in Vegas...does that count?)
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person (I am not even going to tell you how old I was when I figured out where Niagara Falls is)
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David (The big one in Vegas...it was traumatizing enough that I think I am going to count it)
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt (Many many times)
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight (Even slept on a beach)
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie (it was a sport medicine, ACL prevention video. Does that count?)
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class (Funny story; one the middle schools I went to (I attended three...a different one each year) offered fun little after school activities. You signed up for them during your lunch break and it was always a mad dash because the number of slots was limited. Well, I made a break for the "Material Arts" sign up and couldn't figure out why nobody else was racing to get there...I am sure you can see where this is going. I obviously should have repeated that grade because I couldn't read. It was actually "Martial Arts". So, I never actually took the class, but I signed up for one.)
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies (nope, but I have eaten PLENTY)
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving (another one on my to do list)
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check (yes, grrrr...dumb story)
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone (only if you count fingers)
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book (ok, so it wasn't really published, but I wrote a great "thriller" in 5th grade called Terror Calls....I found it the other day and almost wet my pants laughing at the rockin' plot and horrendous pictures)
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper (thanks to sports, I've had my picture in the paper quite a bit, but the best one is where I truly look like I have a broken, dangly arm)
85. Received a speeding ticket
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person (um no, but I married Davy Crockett...)
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
100. Lived in three or more states (7 actually)

I scored a 44 out of 100...I should do this again in ten years.

5 comments:

Laura said...

Way cool! I'll have to try that one out.

Jenn Oldham said...

Yeah, I like how you always make me sound so naughty!!! I am really not. Skinny dipping is experience everyone should have. If you hadn't have gone, then you would not have been able to fill this form out to 44. So see, you should thank me =).

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Taylor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Taylor said...

2 questions:

What animal did you kill and prepare for eating!?

Can I borrow Terror Calls?