Monday, May 12, 2008

Rice Cereal for Mother's Day

I have reached a point where I can no longer feed Carson quite enough. He is a mammoth boy and eats like one. We went to his 4 months appointment last Friday. He weighed 19 pounds 11.5 ounces. He was also 28 1/2 inches long. Here is a funny thought for you. Assuming he quits growing at 17 like any average boy could, if he were to continue on at the rate he is going, he would be about 35 feet tall and 600 pounds. Strange proportions....
Because I can't feed him QUITE enough, we started rice cereal a few days ago. Just a tiny bit right before bed. He HATED it at first; I think it's nasty too though so I added a little bit of applesauce and now Dave and I have a rice eating machine. He is pretty cute and does so well eating it hardly any escapes onto his bib.
Also, yesterday for Mother's Day, Dave took Carson as much as he possibly could so I could have a break and finish up everything I/we had to do (teach Relief Society and a Primary class, choir practice, cookies for some dear friends who are moving, etc). I also wanted to throw bit of praise out to honor my mother. She is a wonderful woman who tries endlessly to do what is right; they don't make them any better than her. She is an even better friend than a mother, and that is saying somehting.

5 comments:

Ashlie said...

Holy cow! Is it hard to carry him now? Sounds like fun though. I love watching babies eat real food for the first time!

Katie said...

yay for obese babies and grand moms!!!

Jenn said...

Carson...save some for ME!

Just Only Me said...

What adorable stats! Rollie pollie babies are the best, what a sweetheart! Take more pictures, I want more!

Hope you had a really nice first Mother's Day, full of baby kisses!

Anonymous said...

He's so cute! I can't believe you have a kid! Where has the time gone?? Good grief! I hope all is well.