Thursday, May 1, 2008

"Love You"

For all of you out there who are worried about Dave's and my relationship, it's ok; I ALREADY know. It has come to my attention that Dave might be speaking inappropriately to other women but this is ok, and ok for one reason alone... he has said the same thing to men as well!


So funny!!! When Dave and I speak on the phone we always end by saying "I love you" in one way or another. We definitely mean it, but sometimes we are on autopilot. Well, there have been a couple of occasions latley (either early in the morning or late at night...both sleepy times) where Dave has accidentally slipped this into phone calls with various ward members when he says goodbye. Let me tell ya, to hear him say, "Love you, bye!" to the women is funny, but SO hilarious when it's to the men. We all know how men tell each other they are buds by slapping each others' bums, slugging on the arms, or giving each other those strange, motion loaded, wrestle-y hand shakes. Women on the other hand, of course give hugs, say nice things, and bake cookies for each other :). Generally though, neither gender routinely says "love you, bye" at the end of their phone calls. I know I digress, but I guess the point of the story would be, don't worry about Dave - if he tells you he loves you, he must like you. (Or, be comfortable enough to forget he isn't talking to me). At least that is what our marriage counselor says :)...

The picture is dark and doesn't depict it very well, but each time he has done this, he promptly whips around to face me with saucer-wide eyes and his hand flies to his mouth as though he has said a naughty word. We then laugh for the next few minutes until his inital embarrassment wears off and then a while later, he does it again...

4 comments:

Sitton said...

This is quite funny! I am always afraid I might acidently do this, or maybe end an email in Love to the wrong person:)

Vance Fager Family said...

I'm glad to know that Dave makes the same mistakes I do. I've embarrassed myself a couple of times. Great Story!!

Katie said...

This is funny!!! Well at least you are spreading sunshine one "I love you" at a time!

Shannon said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

: ) Shannon