Friday, May 16, 2008

Alright, Julie HH - this one is for you!

I figured it would be WAY easier to make this a post than a comment so here it goes.

-Cover 4 chicken breasts with foil & bake 1 hour at 350 degrees. When done, dice it and lay it in a 9 x 13 casserole dish and set it aside.

- In another bowl mix 1 family sized can of cream of chicken soup with 24 oz cream.

- Pour mixture over chicken.

-Smash 1 column ritz crackers and sprinkle it with 2 TBSP poppy seeds over the dish.

-Bake uncovered at 350 for 30 minutes.

-Eat it over whatever you want - rice - potatoes - noodles - etc.

I LOVE this recipe because it is SOOO easy. None of the proportions have to be totally accurate. The first time I made it I measured it all out, since then, I have just added stuff till it's to my liking (the amount of chicken you use can also be totally variable). Also, I have left out the poppyseeds all but once. If you have them, add them. If you don't, it's not worth the effort of buying them. There isn't much of a difference. Lastly, if you want to buy the fat free version of everything, it still tastes great.

8 comments:

Adam and Julie H. said...

Hey, thanks!

Katie said...

LOVE the post!!!! Alright, really, I just wanted to comment :-)

Just Only Me said...

Ohhhh! That sounds delicious, can't wait to try that one! Do another one. I'm always looking for new recipes for my picky children!

Danielle said...

Hey Melanie,

It's Danielle Maybon. How are you? I can't remember how I came across your blog - but I've enjoyed reading it - you and Dave have the most adorable baby boy! I can't wait to try this recipe - it sounds so yummy! Tell your husband hello and I hope all is going well for you guys!

Suze B. Vinton said...

sound tasty... I think i am going to try it...

Gaylari said...

MMM looks like a good recipe! It was nice meeting you at Kira's wedding. I decided I'd wander over to your blog to take a peek. Cute little boy!

Gaylari said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashlie said...

Hey Melanie! I tried your recipe last night, and my husband loved it! Okay, I actually had to modify it a little bit because I didn't have cream or a family sized can of Cream of Chicken. I used milk instead, and one regular can of Cream of Chicken, and one can of Cream of Mushroom. It was good that way too! Thanks for the idea... :)