Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Blessing Day

Carson was blessed a couple of weeks ago. We were honored to have our families (including Dave's sister Becky who also just had a baby) come down for the occasion. The blessing was beautiful and I will post more details about it later but for now, all I have are pictures. Hopefully I can post the details sooner than later. It is tax season, and we are super busy here in the office. I am still working full time, and being a mother full time... if this isn't difficult, I don't know what is.
In case you don't remember, this outfit that Carson is wearing is the same that Dave wore when he was blessed. It is one that I wouldn't have chosen out myself (after all, it is 24 years old), but I thought it was really neat to put our little boy in those special little clothes.
Here is our happy little family once again. I feel so blessed, I know Heavenly Father is really looking out for us.
My mom is the one of the left, Dave's is the one on the right. (We missed you Grandma Gabrielsen and Fager)!
Here are all the men in our family, minus Kevin (Becky's husband) who helped out with the blessing. From left to right, Richard (my sister Jenn's husband), Dave's dad, Carson, Dave, and my dad.
Just for the record, Carson was perfect during the blessing. He was awake the whole time but didn't make a sound.
p.s. our chunk-a-lunk is tipping the scales at 13 pounds

6 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh fun! A picture of most of my favorite boys;-) Cute pictures of Carson.

Mitzi said...

It's so fun to be a mommy! Sam also wore his daddy's blessing outfit. Since Sam was so tiny, he was drowning in it, but it was the nostalgia that mattered. Here's to a quick 2 months of tax season!

Amber said...

Carson is so adorable! Yay for him being great during the blessing. As far as I know, Greg doesn't have his blessing outfit-- but now I must ask. With all the new mothers around me, I'm getting really excited for Baby J to come!Good luck with the rest of tax season--- you're my hero!

Ashley A. said...

Those are such cute pictures. I'm glad the blessing went well. It was fun seeing you the other day! 13 lb! I love it!

Sitton said...

I am glad you finally posted new pictures:) I can't wait to see him, I think Summer and I will come to church this week so hopefully then!

Just Only Me said...

He's such a studly baby! Did you hit the jackpot for handsome genes! What a cutie. Congrats on his blessing, and what a neat story about his blessing outfit. It's so cool to have that kind of tradition!