Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Cunk-a-lunk

Poor Carson had a doctor's appointment on Monday. He was 5 weeks old that day. Because our insurance wasn't effective until his due date, and there were no doctors at the hospital because it was Christmas Eve so everyone was on call, our poor little fella wasn't circumsized until a couple of days ago. While at the office, they did the usual weigh, measure, and check the heart routine. I knew they probably would so I had all my family make guesses as to what Carson would weigh ... some of the predictions were 10.4, 10.10, 10.2, 11.4 and more. The reason I had everyone guess was because my little baby can EAT. He has taken 10 ounces down a couple of different feedings, and I would say that on average he eats about 6 ounces (6 or 7 times a day). Well, I plopped the naked, handsome boy on the scale and the numbers flashed 11.2!! What a chunker! I was so proud. Here are the progressive numbers:

December 24th (his birthday - 3 weeks and 1 day early):
Length - BARELY under 21 inches
Weight - 7 pounds 13 ounces

Leaving the hospital he weighed 7 pounds 3 ounces

Two weeks old:
Length - 21 inches
Weight - 8 pounds 3 ounces

Five weeks old:
Length - 23 inches
Weight - 11 pounds 2 ounces

FYI the doctor thinks he will be about 6'4''

4 comments:

Jenn said...

I will have you know I came in with a VERY close guess at 10 lbs 15 oz. I was very close;-) Carson is a chunk-a-lunk;-)

MidCityGal said...

Melanie! Congrats on your *very healthy* baby! Sorry, I've been out of the blogging loop-- but I was very excited to hear that everything went well with Carson's delivery, etc. I'm curious though, since he was so big and you were always measuring big, and then he was born 3 weeks early, do you think your due date should have been earlier? Not that it matters, right? These children certainly have their own minds. This parenthood thing is great-- although, it seems like the baby is pretty much in charge of everything and I just tag along for the ride. It's wonderful though. Glad to hear that Carson eats well and is growing well too.

Gina said...

Poor little guy. I hope he is feeling better from his "surgery." What a healthy kid! You have good milk! :)

Jenn said...

Oh wow, that's a chunky baby! That's good though- chunky babies are cutest. Good job fattening him up.