Saturday, February 23, 2008

Quickie

I just wanted to do a quick post to update you on Carson. Yesterday was his 2 month doctor appointment. There is some good and some bad news. He is weighing in at 14 and a half pounds, and is just a little under 25 inches long. He is in the 94th percentile for both height and weight. Basically he is just plain BIG.
Bad news is, the hole underneath his belly button hasn't closed like a normal belly button should, and instead has developed into a hernia. It looks like he has a marble under his skin. The dr. said this should heal itself... I sure hope so. Also, his clogged tear ducts are stubborn and we can't get them to clear up, so now I have to put that nasty ointment on them that they put on them the second they come out. Poor kid.
We sure love him!! p.s. thanks again mom for the help this week.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Poor little Carson! I hope he gets better soon!

Ashley Lloyd said...

It was fun to bump into you at the Enrichment meeting! I called Ang on my way home excited to talk to her and tell her that we met! :) Little Carson is sooo adorable! If you ever need a sitter, let me know! :) I miss being close to my niece and nephews! :) I hope that he gets feeling better! I'm excited that we're blogger friends (instead of blog-stalker friends ;)

Melissa said...

I'm so glad you found me! What an adorable kid you have! I'm so happy things are going well. I'm sorry about the tear duct thing--my daughter had to have a minor surgery at 7 months old to unclog the tear ducts but their ok now. Hope he gets better and doesn't have to have that!