Friday, February 29, 2008

Tagged – Sorry I am stinkin' slow

I know I have been tagged a few time within the past couple of months. Once by Amber, once by Julie, and I think once by somebody else, but I am sorry I can’t remember. They have been various tags and I have actually done them all already, but I have always written about myself. SO, rather than do the specific tags, I will try and do 101 things about the two special boys in my life, Dave and Carson.

1. Carson looks like his daddy… lucky boy.
2. Dave is quite particular about his side-part, but only when it matters. He can have some pretty funky morning hair, but if it’s a Saturday or something casual, he is totally fine leaving it like that.
3. One of Dave’s ears sticks out further than his other ear…it’s adorable.
4. Carson is starting to lose his baby fuzz hair and get the “real stuff” underneath.
5. Dave grew an inch on his mission. He was taller than me in high school already, but I love that extra inch, it means I can wear whatever shoes I please and he will STILL be taller.
6.Artificial sweeteners and Dave don’t get along.
7.Carson can frown just like Dave… also adorable.
8. Dave is a FANTASTIC daddy. He has more patience than I do.
9. Dave has more integrity than anyone I have ever met. You can ALWAYS trust and depend on Dave.
10. Dave was seminary president.
11. Dave was our star high school quarterback.
12. Dave was prom king.
13. If Dave reads this, he is now embarrassed.
14. Carson has the cutest dimples ever.
15. I was Dave’s first everything! Including holding hands.
16. I pray that Carson will turn out just like his daddy.
17. Dave can sing really well, but will ALWAYS down play it.
18. Dave speaks Mandarin Chinese really well, but down plays this as well.
19. In case you can’t tell, Dave is humble.
20. Carson LOVES to eat… I keep wondering why he is so tiny??
21. Dave can stick out his tummy like a pregnant lady… you have probably seen someone do this before. They can also do the “wave” with their tummy, and suck it in really far too.
22. Carson has really long eyelashes.
23. Carson snorts when his nose has boogers. He can still breathe just fine, but the snorting cracks me up.
24. Like every baby, Carson LOVES his baths. Without fail though, he will pee at least twice before it’s over. We have learned to leave the water running so we can refill his little bathtub without having to adjust the water temp a million times each time this happens.
25. We call Carson our little elephant because he trumpets like one ALL THE TIME.
26. Unlike me, Dave only likes to be scratched some of the time. I will take any kind of scratching any where and it almost puts me into a relaxed comatose state. Dave only likes it sometimes, and for limited time at that. I forget this ALL THE TIME. Sorry Dave. He is always really patient about pulling away without being rude.
27. Believe it or not, Dave is not a very big eater.
28. Dave is GREAT about helping out with dishes. (and laundry)
29. Dave is a really good driver. I ALWAYS feel safe when he is driving.
30. In fact, Dave only drove about 20 miles an hour home from the hospital with Carson. It’s a good thing it was 1:00 a.m. Christmas morning.
31. Dave NEVER loses chapstick. He goes through tube after tube and hasn’t lost one yet! I have no idea how he does this because I don’t think I have ever held on to one the whole way through!
32. Dave is very particular about which pocket he keeps things in. He even has a cell phone print in most of his pants. The antenna even seems to always go the same direction.
33. Dave is a pretty good eater, but doesn’t like olives, mustard, or mushrooms.
34. Carson has a very sensitive tummy. Sometimes he is like trying to burp a cat.
35. Carson is a great little snuggle buddy.
36. Carson doesn’t sleep very well through the night. He is really alert most of the time. Our prayers have become petitions and pleas for just a few good hours of sleep.
37. Carson is so very sweet unless he is tired and or hungry. (He must be his momma’s baby)
38. When Carson gets mad, he will hit you. He has even knocked out my contact!
39. Dave writes me cute little poems each Valentines day.
40. Dave takes me to "Homecoming" every year. The only date we went on in high school was a girl ask guy dance. He is trying to make it up to me.
41. When I put clothes away, I always put the rounded part out so it looks nice, Dave always flips it the other way around….without fail :)
42. Dave never has anything to prove to anyone; he is content with who he is. I love this about him.
43. Dave is going into finance.
44. Dave is very studious and gets good grades. Dave is also very blessed because he always keeps his priorities straight, and let me tell ya’ he has A LOT on his plate.
45. Dave proposed to me by reenacting our first date. It was perfect!
46. Carson is one tough little guy. Pain doesn’t seem to bother him. Shots were no biggie.
47. Carson sleeps better in his carrier than in his crib…maybe we should put his carrier IN his crib at night!
48. Carson is starting to chew on his hands all the time.
49. Carson can kick REALLY hard. This can be really fun when we are changing diapers.
50. Our couch has never been so clean. It gets routinely washed after it gets spit-up on, and peed on.
51. Dave has never had braces.
52. Dave has a condition called “winging scapulas”. He doesn’t know that is what it is called, but I do! Because of this, he can crush a pop can between his shoulder blades. It still makes me cringe every time.
53. Dave is deaf in his right ear…what was that?
54. Dave has really flexible finger joints. He does this little trick where he will appear to put a lot of pressure on his joints and then bend all of his fingers back with great “force”. He can get them to crack most of the times he does it. The first time he did this in front of my mom, she screamed.
55. Carson is sleeping right now… go figure.
56. Carson has Dave’s hands.
57. Dave’s wedding ring is just a little bit too loose.
58. Dave did NOT pass out during childbirth, and he even watched. It didn’t even phase him which surprised me.
59. #58 surprised me because once when Dave went to give blood, he passed out when they pricked his finger.
60. Dave knows how to cook up Ramen Noodles in a fancy schmancy way. It’s amazing what a mission can teach you.
61. Dave served a mission for our church in Sydney Australia speaking Mandarin.
62. Dave is an ultimate peacemaker. I never have to worry about him during intramural games because he is NEVER hot headed. I have SEEN fights on the fields, and on the courts and they always make me sick. I am glad he always makes an effort to meet his opponents, treat them well, and never goad them in any way.
63. If you can picture how well behaved he is when he plays sports… you can only imagine how well he treats me.
64. Dave doesn’t like hearing about the boys I have dated. I try to make an effort not to talk about them much.
65. Carson has a fascination with white walls. Sometimes getting him to stare at one is the only way to calm him.
66. Carson pants when he gets excited, and right before he eats. SO CUTE!!
67. Dave is really good at ping-pong.
68. Dave carries a lunch box to school every day. It is a mini cooler type. It is white with a yellow handle and blue lid. He has put a label on the handle that reads Davy Crockett. This cracks me up.
69. Dave didn’t used to like the teasing about his name until one day in elementary school, there was an assembly where some older kids came and sang the Davy Crockett song. All the kids turned and laughed and had fun with it. Dave cried and then didn’t care any more.
70. Dave owns his very own Davy Crockett outfit. Rifle included. (Fake of course).
71. Carson loves it when we sing. It is another tool we use to put him asleep.
72. Carson has eaten 10 ounces in a number of feedings.
73. Dave and his friends Kevin and Nate used to make videos all growing up. We still sit and watch those videos sometime. If any of you ever want to borrow “Nate and Dave’s Greatest Hits” FEEL FREE!!!!!
74. The only reason that #15 applies with kissing is because the first girl he tried to kiss he MISSED!
75. I thought Dave was going to marry one of my roommates…so did everyone else for that matter.
76. I think Dave can have fun doing just about anything.
77. I vividly remember Dave putting on an old drill team outfit sometime during high school. It was in my house and he and some friends we over just hanging out. All of the sudden he pranced out of my house into the back yard where we all were at the time (except him), to show us his moves.
78. Let’s see if I can get this right… Dave has broken his collar bone once and his wrist twice. He has also had two concussions.
79. Dave drove a white mini-van in high school he affectionately called “The Box”.
80. Dave really likes Pop-Tarts.
81. Dave is the youngest of seven kids… and BY FAR the tallest.
82. Dave is really hard to embarrass.
83. Dave is really animated… a good game of charades with him is ALWAYS fun.
84. Carson seems to have picked up on this animation. He too has some GREAT faces.
85. Carson is never just wet, he always has a poopy diaper too.
86. Dave is really good at popping people’s backs. If you ever want your back popped, come find him. Don’t worry, he is safe! Never any twisting involved.
87. I think Carson is a beautiful baby.
88. The only thing that can anger Dave is when someone mistreats me. I am not exaggerating. It’s the only time hr gets “fired up”, and I only find this out later when he tells me.
89. Dave wants to write a book someday.
90. Dave LOVES people and will never say anything bad about anyone.
91. Carson’s clogged tear ducts are finally clearing up. It took some TLC and antibiotic ointment, but we are getting somewhere.
92. Dave wears my clothes a lot of the time. I shouldn’t tell you that he fits into them, but he does. Sad for me.
93. Carson sometimes laughs while he is nursing… I really think he likes eating THAT much.
94. All four of Dave’s grandparents are dead. All four of mine are still alive; I count myself lucky. Dave likes having grandparents again.
95. Dave prefers cats to dogs… still can’t figure this one out.
96. Dave is “all business” when conducting in sacrament meeting. It cracks me up because if that was the only time you saw him you would think he was totally serious. When in fact, this is one of few times that he is.
97. Dave LOVES to scare people. He used to do this to me all the time until once it made me almost fall down the stairs. Now, he is so careful not to scare me that he will call out when he is coming from the opposite room since I jump when he is there and I didn’t hear him coming. He laughs at this all the time.
98. Carson is such a special spirit. Because of the way everything happened. I KNOW he was meant to join our family on Christmas Eve 2007.
109. Dave competed in the Mr. CHS pageant in high school and won Mr. Congeniality. Go Figure :).
100. Dave loves Carson.
101. Carson loves Dave.

Bonus* In high school Dave sang a song to the girl he liked. It was during this big karaoke thing in the auditorium during a little party where we combined four classes. Lots of people got up to sing, but not by themselves. Dave got up on stage, did the whole thing in his falsetto voice, and even pointed to her. I was sitting right behind her and wanted it to be me so bad!! Now every time I hear "Oh What a Night" I think of him up on stage singing his heart out for good old Jennifer Price... jealous... no... who said anything about being jealous? ;)

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Um somebody else...THAT WOULD BE ME!!!;-) Cute post though...I loved reading it!

Ashley A. said...

I enjoyed learning more about the boys in your life :). Great post!

Just Only Me said...

Wow, I never would have thought! I heard that you ran into my awesome sister the other day, she called me and was so excited to see your little guy. She said that Carson is adorable and absolutely as sweet as can be! Small world, eh?

Thanks for the smiles with the cute post, it's fun to learn things about you!

Super B said...

You don't know me, but I found your blog thru Angela's blog. I just read your birth story and I just have to say, you are AWESOME!! I did natural birth too. I actually had a water birth. I totally agree with your statement about the urge to push. What an amazing experience. I know that birth is wonderful and hard for everyone, but I love that you did it natural and I feel like we have a connection because of that! Your little boy is adorable by the way.

Nicole said...

Your new layout is so cute!! Where did you get it?