Sunday, June 12, 2011

First 10 Days With Brooks

Woah! Why didn't anyone tell me having three children is B.U.S.Y. and mucho, grande, very much, a lot harder than having two!?!?! Just kidding :). That is all I heard from people and they are right!
We adore baby Brooks though and couldn't have asked for a sweeter baby to make this transition with. My mom has been helping for the past week and will be here for a couple more days, then I am on my own. Should be interesting. Something will have to give, and I am thinking it's going to be even more sleep, and my clean house. Here is what we have learned of ourselves and Brooks in the last ten days:
-Brooks is VERY good. He hardly cries. Seriously. It's only if he is cold, he doesn't even really cry when he is hungry or tired.
-He has a clogged tear duct...woohoo. Carson had them for a year and I really hope Brooks' don't last that long. While painless...it's a pain.
-Pooping and peeing are what Brooks does best. His systems are all workin' mighty fine.
-Brooks weighed 8 lbs 5 oz five days after birth.
-I have Mastitis...can I get another "woohoo"?
- I had a "tail" as I call it. I had something on the outside that was supposed to be on the inside and it hurt terribly. After a few calls, a lot of pain, and some close monitoring, I have now been snipped, and resewed. I guess I should mention that I tore. I always tear, and I never feel it because all I can think at the time is "Hallelujah, contractions are over!".
- Other than Mastitis, I feel REALLY good. My recovery has been awesome.
- Carson and Drake are both incredibly sweet older brothers. I am very pleased with how they have done so far.
-Dave continues to be the best husband and father imaginable.
-Brooks does not like to be cold.
-I know I have said it before, but Brooks is really a very sweet baby. My mom keeps mentioning it, and she had 5 kids of her own and has helped with all 4 grandbabies so far. He is really a gentle little soul.
- He still has a full head of dark, curly-ish hair.
-Brooks knows day is day and night is night but won't go for more than three hours sleeping. We. Are. Tired.
- Brooks nurses SUPER fast.
- We LOVE our new little addition. He is such a blessing.

3 comments:

Justin and Carissa said...

Keep it up! Hopefully you're infection goes away soon. Matthew was a fast nurser and it was so awesome to not be confined to a chair for 30 minutes every time he needed to eat. Hopefully that will help you now that you have 3 sweet boys!

Jenn said...

Boo for mastitis and for tails! I haven't had the first, but I've had to deal with the latter- NOT fun. Congrats on the addition- we need more pictures!

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

i want pictures!!!! :)