Friday, May 13, 2011

Well that was embarrassing

Dave has an off Friday today. I decided to do an endowment session for the last time before the baby comes. About half way through, I started to feel pretty warm and uncomfortable. This was shortly followed by nausea. I quietly started breathing deeply and slowly, in through my nose -2-3-4, out through my mouth -2-3-4.
It got progressively worse. Finally near the end, I had to literally run out (during and EXTREMELY inopportune time) to throw up. It didn't actually happen, but I have never gotten so close with no show before. I stood in the back with a barf bag the rest of the time.
Still ill, I blasted the A.C. square on my face for the drive home. Thinking I might make it, I called my mom to say "hi". After a few minutes of small talk quickly hung up with, "I need to pull over! I don't know what's going to happen in the next three minutes!"
Sure enough, there was absolutely no shoulder to pull over onto. I was on the freeway at a junction. My mouth started to sweat...I was drooling buckets into the bag I was holding up to my face with my left hand. Unfortunately, the bag was too small, and the really slick plastic. Not like airplanes where they hold form a little better.
It happened. I kept my eyes up and focused on the road, gripped the wheel with my right hand, and attempted to catch all vomit with the bag in my left. I was 99% successful....
what didn't make it in the bag landed on my clothes and stuck to my face. Gross.
I'm now lying in bed hoping to feel better...I hope this is just a 24 hour thing...

1 comment:

Laura said...

I lost it while cruising down Cole in front of Costco. The poor car driving behind us had to swerve to miss my mobile puking! haha It's these stories that make it all worth it!