Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Douglas

Many of you know who I am talking about and many of you don't. Douglas is the homeless man that attends our ward every Sunday at 8:00 am. I don't know if he actually cares about the church lessons at all or whether he simply likes the refuge from the cold. Either way, Douglas is special. I am drawn to him and I don't know why. I think about him often and have great desires to help. Douglas always smells of b.o. and seems to only own one pair of clothes as well as one coat. I do not want to pass this up. If I don't act on my feelings now, I will forever look back with guilt and wonder. I don't find it hard to offer him a ready smile and warm hello; but am I truly giving of myself? I am by no means asking for handouts for Douglas, but if any of you are touched by Douglas as I am and want to help, let me know and we can figure something out. Something we can all do though is keep him in our prayers.

1 comment:

Joseph A said...

I love Douglas. Ash and I were similarly drawn to him and tried to do things to help him on a few occasions. He was always gracious and kind to us. Even though we're not there we'll at least keep that wonderful brother in our prayers tonight. Thanks for this post.