Thursday, January 8, 2009

Carson is Huge and talks a lot!

This is what we confirmed yesterday at the Doctors office. He is 28 pounds and 33 inches long. He is still on the same growth curve. In the appt, the doctor asked me if Carson said any other words besides mama and dada. I responded "yeah, around 20 other words". He was floored! I knew he was a big talker, but I didn't realize how big. Here are all of the words Carson says, hopefully I can remember them:

Daddy
Bonk
Cracker
Diaper
Juice
Meow
Woof
Ball
Book
Eyes
Teeth
Hi
Bye-Bye
Row (He sings row row row your boat like this...rowrowrowrowrowrowrowrowrowrow)
Boo (Peek-a-boo)
Get it (he says this when he wants us to retrieve something
Ear
Yum
Uh-oh
Thank you (my personal favorite)
Ow
Jesus
Apple (doubles for Up)
Go
Tiger (sounds a lot like Cracker but is still different)
Lights
Bubble

Did any of you notice which work was NOT on the list???? MAMA. I am ok with this because he couldn't have a better example than Dave so I'd be happy if he was a daddy's boy.

3 comments:

Adam and Julie H. said...

He'll get there eventually. For now, if he gets up in the night for some reason he'll most likely ask for "dada." Then you can say "Dave, your son wants you." And roll over and go back to sleep. :)

Unknown said...

That is awesome! You are such great parents. I agree with the previous comment let Dave get him! lol

MartianMom said...

Yes it is always a good idea to let the kids learn Dad first. Then when they get up in the middle of the night Dad is who they call. Trust me it has worked 3 times so far. :)