Thursday, November 29, 2007

What a dream!!

Some people have realistic dreams and some don't. I fall in the latter category. My dreams are ALWAYS strange and confusing. I had a dream about our baby last night that made me laugh when I woke up this morning. It started off with me going into labor and four hours later delivering our little boy (somebody told me it was four hours when it was all over). Somehow I made it home from the hospital but the baby wasn't with Dave and I. But this was normal in my dream. The first time I actually saw my baby was when my sister was holding him and taking care of him. Knowing that he was mine to claim at this point I took him from her to admire the little guy. This was when I noticed just how big he was. He was so heavy, I could hardly lift him. I would guess around 30 pounds. His features were also ALL distinctly Dave's or mine... He had Daves hair (side part and everything), a full set of teeth, Dave's nose, albeit a smaller version, my eyes, with Dave's long luscious eyelashes, and my mouth. He could even smile right away and tell me that he was hungry :).... I hope none of you are dream readers out there; I don't want anyone telling me we are going to have a 30 pound baby with a full set of teeth, if that be the case, my nursing plan is OUT!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Was I the lucky auntie holding the baby!?!?!!!

Vance Fager Family said...

What a funny dream. But I think you'll be safe that he won't weigh 30 lbs and have a full set of teeth, at least for a year -probably not much longer as I think he will be a big boy at a year.

Russell and Jillian said...

The side-part comment made me laugh out loud! I had those weird dreams when I was pregnant too! I predict he'll be a tall, healthy, non-talking, toothless, adorable kid. Maybe he'll have a side-part, but I wouldn't count on it :) Oh, I tore my ACL by the way...I need to call you to ask about the surgery, so be expecting my call...

Just Only Me said...

Those pregnancy dreams are a little un-nerving and hilarious at the same time! Looking back after he's all grown up you'll have some funny stories to tell him. I had some of my own wacky ones that make for interesting conversations. Hang in there, not much longer!!!