Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pregnancy #4 So Far

I feel like all my pregnancies have been very different. This one was a nightmare to begin with. With pregnancy, strep throat, and the flu all at the same time, I really thought it might be too much for me to handle.
NAUSEA: My parents came in my 11th week and got me to 12. At that point I no longer felt like I wanted to vomit all the time but I still felt pretty rotten. Especially at night. I have definitely been worse in the pm this go around. At about 17 weeks, that went away. Hallelujah. Even though I am feeling better, I am super tired all the time! I am going to bed early (like in the 9 o'clock hour), and having the hardest time peeling myself out of my sheets somewhere in the 7 am hour. I seriously need like 10 hours a night.
WEIGHT GAIN: I hopped on the scale this morning and weighed in at 159.6 lbs. I was THRILLED. I have only put on 15 pounds and even if I put on a pound a week for the rest of my pregnancy I will max out at a 35 pound weight gain landing me at 180. That is 20 pounds less than pregnancies 2 and 3 folks! This is not by chance. I have been SUPER careful about what I am eating. I eat a lot, but I have eliminated all junk food until the baby weight is gone. Bless Dave's heart, he is doing it with me.
CRAVINGS: I had the usual cravings for any form of fried potatoes in the beginning. I also had cravings for refried beans like I did with Brooks. I don't do fast food except when pregnant. I sent Dave for bean burritos at Taco Bell half a dozen times or so. That stopped by 12 weeks. My biggest craving all along though has been...apples. That's a new one for sure! I would bet I have eaten an apple every single day for the past three months.
CURRENTLY: I am feeling great. I am 20 weeks 4 days and get to find out what we are having tomorrow. Dave wants a girl, so it makes me want a girl too. I am more comfortable with boys, and that is what my brain defaults to, so all in all I am truly deeply indifferent on the gender. I am SO excited to even be pregnant and being equally excited for a boy OR a girl is really fun. I can't wait to find out. I am even having a hard time sleeping this week because I am so looking forward to Friday. I am like a little kid on Christmas Eve.
BROTHERS: Carson is really excited an encouraging about everything. He is going to come with us to the big ultrasound. He wants to name the baby "robot" if its a boy. He is semi-joking when he says this. He likes to ask how big the baby is all the time. He also likes to go through birthday order for the family and is always sure to include the baby.
Drake is also excited but doesn't seem to quite fully grasp what it all means. He will be a good brother. He is very gentle with babies and always talks to them in this high, sweet, cute voice. Sometimes when he is talking to his stuffed animals (namely, Ernie), he can go on and on in this voice for upwards of a half and hour.
Brooks will have a hard time. He is a momma's boy (first one I've had :), and he doesn't even like to share me with the older two. He has melt down if I hold another baby, and likes to be my one-and-only. Lately he really likes to coo at other "bubbies" (babies) at church, and will always show me how to be soft with them (carefully caressing their hair/head). Hopefully he will continue to adjust before the new "bubby" comes.
PREPARATION: I haven't done anything :). I think I have most everything I need. If its a boy, I will need a few new clothing items - things have really taken a beating after three boys. If its a girl, as far as clothing is concerned, I don't have a single thing. OH WAIT! I did wash the car seat :). We are planning to buy a bunk bed so we can put the three boys in the same room. I need to wash everything we have, but otherwise, I think that is about it. As soon as we know what we are having I will probably start doing a lot more. After all, I am over half-way. (Time was SOOOOO slow from 4-14 ish weeks, but the last 6 weeks have FLOWN by.)
I can't really think of anything else that really stands out at this point, but I wanted to document this pregnancy knowing I will want to look back and remember. This time of life is difficult, but wonderful.
Time is such a paradox. I feel like the days can really drag on and the minutes just ooze by. I go to bed, wake up the next morning and another year is gone. I can really appreciate now the advice to cherish each moment. I want to do just that.

No comments: