Sunday, January 6, 2013

New Year = Changes

Carson had the most wonderful primary teacher last year. His name was Josh Lyman and his little family just moved to Texas. Boo. Fortunately, he LOVES his classmates, and his new teachers are consistent and prepared. It will be a good year for him. It is still so strange to me that I have a 5 year old!
Drake enjoyed his first day as a Sunbeam. He was SO ready to go. He has been asking me since September when he could go to primary. The answer was always, "after Christmas". Today whenever anyone asked him about being excited to go to sunbeams he would automatically shout, "AFTER CHRISTMAS!!!!" and jump up and down. (Then, I would have to explain to everyone what on earth he was talking about since they had no clue and he was obviously very animated about something or other...) His teachers will also be fabulous. They have somewhere around 40 grandkids! How could they be anything but perfect?!
I should also mention that Brooks is in nursery and has been for a month. He doesn't seem to notice he his being dropped off, and doesn't really react when he is picked up either. He just goes with the flow and loves playing with all the "new" toys. It is SOOOOOOOOOOO nice to get a break in church. Of the three boys he has been the most difficult to take to class with us and we usually ended up walking the halls with him. We were ready to pawn him off enjoy the 2nd and 3rd hours at church.
As for me. I  was just released from Young Womens. I have been there for over 2.5 years and while I know it wasn't terribly long, it was a year and a half longer than I had held any other calling, and it was demanding. I have a new calling but haven't been sustained yet, so I will stick around and help out till I am either replaced in YW, or sustained in ...:). The changes are very bittersweet for me. I will miss the wonderful YW and leaders I worked with, but I am relieved to be done. It was pressure trying to balance Dave's and my calling. His requires multiples days/nights a week, as did mine. Finding time for each other was difficult.
Dave is still cheerfully plugging away in the bishopric. Now that church isn't till 1:00, he doesn't have meetings till 9:00 am. (As opposed to 8:00 when church was at 11:00.) I know it's only an hour, but it was DIVINE having him around for an extra hour this morning, even if he won't get home till 5:30. I might be the only one in the whole church, but I think I am going to like the late shift at church!

No comments: