Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Boys Will Be Boys

*Warning, this post is not for the faint of heart. If boogers or snot make you queasy (like me), stop here :).

We have been really sick at our house. All of us got the flu (or something like it), around Christmas time and it is truly the sickest I  have been over a period of 14 days. I also had a strange variety of strep throat which came after a blood draw and lab tests five days earlier. All that aside. Drake has continued to have a tiny cough or a minor runny nose or something of the sort since then.
He I and were doing school on Monday morning when I went to deal with a particular goobery nostril he had had for a few days. It was the left one, and it ALWAYS had thick green boogers, and crusty stuff coating the entire rim of his nostril and he would sniff incessantly.
"Come on, buddy! Blow Hard!" I cheered as I had a wadded up tissue squished against his nose for the umpteenth time. Three big blows later something dislodged. This was no ordinary booger. This was huge, and hard! Since I already struggle with anything of the snot variety, I had a hard time getting the gumption up to examine the thick green contents of the kleenex. When I pulled the tissue back from his face however, there stuck to the collar of his shirt was a greenish/brown, enormous, shiny, crusty booger. At this point I was literally swallowing vomit down as I tried to be a mature adult and handle the situation. Ever so tenderly with as much tissue between my fingers and the culprit as I could manage I un-stuck the nasty thing from his collar realizing it was in fact a large popcorn kernel.
"Drake!" I gasp. "When did you put that in your nose?!"
"At Family Movie Night!" he tells me amid hysterical laughing.
Family movie night was four day prior...
No wonder his little nostril was wigging out. That thing must have been nigh unto his brain for how many times we had him blow his nose over the course of those four days.
I spent the rest of the morning nearly sick to my stomach while Drake spent it randomly chuckling after his initial fit of laughter subsided.

No comments: