Thursday, November 15, 2012

I am so very, very tired

I need to get some pictures up here!! You wouldn't want any of the last couple of days though. The stomach flu has ravaged our home. I am the only one who hasn't gotten it and it is a particularly contagious bug, so either, I am going to be slammed in a day or two, or I have already had it at some point in my life (which is what I suspect).
To preface being so tired, I should tell you that my hunk-of-a-husband is always the one that gets up with the kids. Jealous ladies?? It's never usually too terribly much, but there is always at least once a night that someone needs help going potty, had a nightmare, bonked their head, has a stuffy nose ("my nose is broken!"), or something of the like.
When I get up, I have a hard time falling back asleep; it usually takes a good hour or so. Dave can fall asleep rather quickly.
Two night ago, Carson woke up vomiting and continued to do so throughout the night. Dave got up with him as did I. I was up from about 12:15 till 3:30, then again from 5:30 - 6:00ish, then I got up at 7.
Last night, Brooks woke up covered in vomit. At this point Dave had been hit by the sick truck as well so I did my very best to do it on my own. I succeeded except for when we were trying to bathe puke-covered baby/get the vomit off the floor/rinse the bedding and get it started in the washer/keep said baby from puking in another hard place to clean up. Fortunately, Dave was able to get to bed before nine, and all the fun began just after eleven. He was able to get back to bed, but I was up till 4:00, then up at 7:00.
Suffice to to say, I am not a night owl. Neither am I a morning person. I need at least 8 hours of sleep a night. I never even held a schedule like this in college. I. Am. Dying.
All in all though, I feel very sustained and helped in the last couple of days. I like to work hard. I get things done, and I don't mind a bit of blood, sweat, and tears along the way. This whole experience has taken things to a new extreme for me and it has been insane. Heavenly Father has blessed me, and I know it. The fact I haven't gotten this bug (at least not at the exact same time as everyone else), is a miracle in and of itself.
Now, I just need to get some rest so I quit tearing up at the dumbest things...

2 comments:

Nate and Julie said...

Bummer everyone is sick! But thank you for the post. I have been thinking about you guys a lot and knew you must be busy due to the lack of posts. Miss you and praying you get a solid night's sleep tonight.

D said...

I tear up at the littlest things too, but I can't blame it on lack of sleep. Just pregnancy hormones ;). You're amazing, Melanie. Keep on being the incredible mom you already are!