Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Mystery Solved

In the record breaking heat (July was the hottest month on record that CO has ever had...yipes!), we have been doing a lot of swimming. Besides the utter mayhem and LOADS of stuff and prep it takes to get to the pool, I love it. (Getting to the pool makes getting to church seem like a walk in the park).
The one thing that makes me BONKERS whilst (don't you just love that word?! ...and the fact that I have used a whole lot of parenthesis) swimming is the fact that Drake has to go pee literally every 10 minutes. The boy already pees three times as much as he drinks, but it is very much magnified when we go to the pool. It wouldn't be that big of a deal at all, except Drake can't reach the light, so I have to get out of the pool every time, baby in tow. After he is done, he can't get his wet swim suit up by himself and stands there, naked by the pool and screams until I do it which, inevitably turns into yet another power struggle because I want him to try to do it himself first. It makes me was to cry every time I hear, "Ah, hahf ago potty!"...whimper, whimper, whine. At first I thought it was the fact that we are swimming and the water makes him feel like he has to go. Wrong. Then, I thought it was due to swimming right after breakfast where he loves to drink a big cup of milk. Wrong. I then figured it was because he likes the bathroom at the pool. The boy can't seem to get enough of public restrooms (much to my horror). WRONG.
After the 6th time going potty at the pool today, (that is the actual number), I had a light bulb moment...he drinks the pool water!!!!!! Ugh...

No comments: