Sunday, August 5, 2012

Blog Morph

I feel like my blog is morphing a bit. Life has exploded on me and I am furiously working trying to stay on top of things. I am maintaining everything that I REALLY want to but spare pockets of time where I can create and "play" and discover are all but gone. I know someday they will return, but my blog is kind of one of those things. Alas, I have the GREAT desire to record my life, and this is where it happens. I suppose my blog will have to change from occasional creative writing, to fingertip vomit because I need the therapy of getting it out and simply expressing how I feel.
Today for instance, I don't really have anything to say. At least, nothing that anybody else would care to read, and that is ok. Today, I write to myself, for myself.
I feel like I had a good weekend with the boys. Slowly but surely, they WILL teach me patience. Carson has been bickering with Drake a fair amount and I am tired of the teasing. Drake has no fear of rising to the occasion. Oh well. They are both incredibly sweet boys, and perk right up, and behave beautifully with a little extra attention and one on one time. They are good boys. Above everything, I want them to feel like their parents and especially me (because I am the one with them all the time), love them more than anything. And that they feel like mom and dad think they are the neatest people in the whole world, and that they view themselves that way.
Brooks is a mama's boy. This is a first for me. By now, the other two have preferred daddy. While it is kind of exhausting, and really hard to get things done because he wants to snuggle me ALL the time. I secretly LOVE it.
I got to play the organ today. I am not an actual organist, but I kind of like the pressure of getting up there and doing my best (especially with only 12 hours notice). I tried to go a practice last night only to be kicked out almost immediately by a baptism. I thought I'd be safe on a Saturday night. Oh well.That is one of those areas where someday, I would love to take the opportunity to groom and grow my talent, but right now other things (three cute ones) are pressing. I can feel that I have a knack for it, but it would require practice, just like anything else.
Another reason that I love to go to church is because I love people. I have come to the realization that I really need and love having good friends. I have come into this more and more since my college years. Now that we are all alone out here with no family, friends are THAT much more important. It makes it hard though when they leave. We had some good friends move back to Boise last month and as embarrassing as it is to admit it, I am having a hard time with it. I miss them -  a lot!
Lastly, I want to recommit my self to a good morning time scripture study...again. I know that is where the strength that I so desperately crave will be found. Couple that with frequent fervent prayer and I think we will have a recipe for success!

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

I'm glad to hear my boys aren't the only ones who bicker non-stop! I don't know how you do three boys! :) You are amazing