Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Steak Patricks Day

Friday afternoon Dave pointed out that the boys and I were all (by chance) wearing green.
"Looks like you guys are ready for Saint Patrick's Day" he exclaimed.
Immediately Carson's interest was piqued. After all, he is the holiday chair at our house. "What is that?" he asked.
After a brief explanation, Carson was fixated. His last words as he went to bed that night were, "I am so excited for Steak Patrick's Day tomorrow."
With no other choice but to enjoy the day with my enthused little leprechauns, we celebrated as best we could:

First off, some nasty little leprechaun took a most unflattering picture of each of us.


Then we had a breakfast of:
Green Eggs
Green pancakes
and Green Applesauce


Lunch was:
Ants on a log
Green Grapes
Broccoli


Dinner was:
Split Pea Soup
Roasted Asparagus
Kiwi
I thought we got a picture of it, but it turns out I was wrong - bless my dear little brain for remembering to snap two out of the three meals!

1 comment:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

aw! how cute! we had green cinnamon rolls, green eggs, and green milk for breakfast. i don't know why it's hard for me to eat! it's totally psychological. your green lunch was super cute and looked easy! what a great idea!!