Thursday, January 13, 2011

"Kids Say the Darndest Things"....Totally True!

Carson has said a few things we need to record, here it goes:

1. My parents were in town recently and Carson was in the bathroom watching grandpa do his hair...

Carson: "Grandpa, your hair!"
Grandpa: "Yeah, it's messy isn't it?"
Carson: "No...it's....GONE!"
Grandpa: (After laughing for a while) "Well, what should I do about it?"
Carson: "You should get some"
Grandpa: "Where should I get it?"
Carson: "....from Katie!"

2. While Dave and I were at the gender ultrasound my wonderful neighbor Brooks was watching the boys. She had to come over at 6:45 am because we had to be there by 7:00. Boys weren't up yet so Brooke was left with all the usual morning tasks when they finally arose.
Later that night Dave was discussing the morning with Carson the following conversation ensued:

Daddy: "Did Brooke help you get dressed this morning"
Carson: "No, I got dressed all by myself" (I should mention, this is normal. Carson usually dressed himself)
Daddy: "Oh, good job, Carson!"
Carson: "Yeah, I did it myself" then very somberly adds, "I didn't show her my naked baby"

YES! Our modesty talks are finally sinking in. I should also probably explain "naked baby". It's what we exclaim whenever either boy is running around nude (before bath time, between diaper changes, after swimming, etc). They both think it's hilarious and love being a "!naked baby!"

3. Carson was talking to Aunt Barbie on the phone. This is a regular occurrence at our home. Carson gets a hold of our phones and dials anybody and everybody he can manage. Fortunately, Barbie is always super enthusiastic and kind about the calls. During one of the conversations, I happen to hear:

Barbie: "How are you doing Carson?"
[slight pause]
Carson: "Awful good!"

What?! Who is this kid?! One this is for sure...we really love him!

3 comments:

Russell and Jillian said...

So....girl or boy? Suspense, suspense. Or did I miss it somewhere?

Justin and Carissa said...

We sure do miss Carson. I saw the Mortensen's over Christmas break (I also saw Aubrey at the temple while I was in California for Thanksgiving) and it made me think of you guys! Hope you are well, sounds like you are happy!

Laura said...

Hahahaha hilarious! Katie does have a lot of hair and I'm glad that Carson is learning modesty. Too funny:)