Saturday, January 15, 2011

It's a Boy!!!

We are having another Boy! How exciting. Below is a picture of Mel at 20 weeks.





(This is Melanie now, I had to add a few things I want to remember)
The ultrasound is worth mentioning. The tech was having a most difficult time getting the shots she needed. He was tightly curled up like a cinnamon roll clear down to his hips, at that point he was stiff as a board and his legs were straight out.
Getting good pictures of his head and brain were almost impossible. In addition to being super curled up, he was head down, and couldn't have been a centimeter lower. The poor tech kept commenting on it.
I realized through this appointment, Carson did the same thing. I had to have a second ultrasound with him because he wouldn't show us his head either.
Also, here are some pregnancy updates:
-Still pretty small, but have put on plenty of weight :(
-All 3 pregnancies have been VERY different, looks like they will never be good indicators of gender.
- Started feeling the baby regularly when I am still at 19 weeks. I still don't feel him if I am moving around much, but if I am driving in the car or laying down at night, he reminds me he is there.
-Feeling pretty well(as of about 16 weeks), but can get extremely exhausted.
- No swelling yet; hallelujah.
-Already have a name picked out, just like with the other two :).
-Very excited for yet another boy. I think next time I might actually WANT a girl. Of course I would adore another little boy if that be the case. I guess it's confession time: I have not wanted a girl yet, I am kinda afraid of them. Now that I will have 3 boys, I think I will be ready for some pink.
-VERY VERY VERY excited for this baby to arrive!

7 comments:

Laura said...

Congrats Mel!

Suze said...

Congratulation! Can't blame for being afraid of girls, hehehe!

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

congratulations you guys!!! that is SO exciting! this little guy is lucky to come to your family!! :)

you are SO tiny! hope your pregnancy goes smoothly!!!!

Russell and Jillian said...

Congratulations...you are on your way to your own starting line-up. :) And, are you sure you're not just making this whole baby thing up? I mean, you can't actually have a baby inside there! Your 6'0 frame does wonders for hiding him :) As I've wanted, ever since I was your setter, share some height PLEAAAASSSEEE!

Emily said...

A. Are you sure you're 20 weeks in that picture? Just looking at it makes me sad about how huge I was at 20 weeks.
B. Congrats on boy #3! I understand being afraid of having a girl...I guess it's good that I had one first, so now it's not scary. Now it's having a boy that scares me. :)
I hope the rest of your pregnancy is more comfortable!

Jake & Candice Root said...

Congrats guys!

Heather said...

We are so happy for you guys, you are a great mom of boys!!! #3 is going to be a cutie, if his brother's are any indication!