Saturday, August 21, 2010

Drake Update



- Now has 12 teeth. He has finally cut all four molars which has been a feat.
- Is a MAJOR grabber/poker. He will jam his finger up your nose or in your ear or eye or mouth if you give him ANY opportunity to do so. He pulls my hair relentlessly. He smacks Carson on the head if he gets close enough. It's not my favorite form of affection from him.
- Loves to dance. Put on music or sing a song and the kid starts bobbing and swaying.
- Has been a very difficult nurser the ENTIRE time. I am in the process of weaning him but he doesn't like cows milk. He likes it warm and sweet from the momma even though he tortures me in the process.
- Has been crawling for a couple of months. Can stand alone if he isn't thinking about it, but won't if you try to encourage it.
- Is extremely mouthy. Everything he gets in his hands goes in his mouth...everything.
- Pulls himself up on EVERYTHING and cruises around the furniture but I predict he won't walk for a while longer.
- Says "mama" Dada" and "ball". This has been his vocabulary for a few months and we haven't picked up anything new. I think by this time Carson was editing papers and writing speeches.
- Is VERY strong.
- Laughs easily. It is SOOOO cute. Carson and daddy get him going the best.
- Is HORRIBLE in church. This drives us nuts since he is so good the rest of the time. The kid has a 6th sense I guess.
- Likes veggies much better than fruits.
- LOVE olives. He is adorable when he eats them. He puts them on his fingers just like a little kid would do...except he isn't even a year yet?!
- Does better with a sippy cup than Carson did at this point. Now if he would only take to cows milk...
- Got a funky fever and rash called Roseola. Poor kid was miserable. Glad that is over.
- Has started sucking his thumb. Dave can't stand it but I think it is one of the cutest things ever. He never took a pacifier (I didn't try terribly hard), so we are kind of baffled that as of two weeks we have a thumb sucker. He doesn't really suck, but he puts his left thumb in his mouth, and rests his right arm on his head.
- LOVES LOVES LOVES to crawl up the stairs. He can't crawls back down though and has fallen once. I can't wait till we are through this one.
- Is a biter. Sorry everyone!
- Is a great snuggler.
- Makes a GREAT wookie noise. People comment on it EVERY time he does it in public.
- Is a momma's boy.

2 comments:

Ashley A. said...

I love the updates on your cute boys! Nate can be a difficult nurser and I am ready to be done nursing but I don't think he's giving up anytime soon, either. I can't believe that story about Carson getting up in the middle of the night! That is crazy. That's one thing I haven't dealt with yet although I'm sure it's coming...

I'm glad you guys are doing well!

quinten said...

He looks soooooo much like David when he was a baby! Love you, Grandma, Grandpa and Tine