Tuesday, June 1, 2010

"I Smeared Him, Mommy!"

Bless his dear little soul! Carson is my hero.
He decided to join me while doing laundry in the spider cave, I mean basement. I was doing my thing while Carson was animatedly running back and forth with a big dust pan. You know the kind with the handle...he was pushing it like a broom. All of the sudden Carson chimes, "Look! A Spider, Mommy!". For anybody who knows me, this is a chilling statement. I can handle earwigs, snakes, cockroaches, etc. but when it comes to my eight-legged foe, I can hardly hold myself together.
I played it cool and suggested, "Why don't you smash it, Carson. Step on it really good. Smear him."
Carson then attempts to squish the thing as I see him miss time and time again while the spider runs across the floor...eek. It only lasted a moment longer when at last my little knight in shining armor saved me. His precious little foot went up and came down with a mighty stomp. That's when my little angel proclaimed, "I Smeared Him Mommy!"

5 comments:

Emily said...

Ha ha! What a good little hero. Now you don't have to wait for Dave to get home. I guess I need a little boy to kill spiders for me.

quinten said...

Awesome!!!!!! Good job, Carson...

Laura said...

Haha Ben and I were cracking up about this one. The great part is I can picture you (from experience) frozen in fear. What a great little guy to do that for you!

ANDY, JEN & KIDDIES said...

Hahaha! That is so funny. I love it when kids say funny things. Cracks me up!

One mom said...

What a brave young man he is! How cute. You are lucky to have such gallant men around!