Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Excerpt from my letter to my missionary brother...

...Wow, what a week, I don't even know where to begin...how about...TEETHING!!! Drake is cutting not 1,2, or 3 new molars...but 4!! Holy Moly (or should I say, Holy Molar-y) and Heaven Help Me is all I have to say. It has been the most miserable week with Drake BAR NONE!! He is in a lot of pain when he teethes. He is a little young to be getting molars which is even worse. The poor kid has been running a temperature of 103 for about a week. It finally broke yesterday. I have even had him on meds pretty much non stop. His gums are totally swollen and he is even bleeding. In fact, on Sunday at church, Drake grabbed one of Dave's finger and put it in his mouth and started chewing on it. When Dave pulled his finger out of Drake's mouth there was blood and flesh from Drake's gums on it. Two of the molars have started cutting so are partially through but the other two haven't quite yet and are miserably swollen still. When he isn't screaming which isn't often, he is whimpering and groaning. He won't eat, won't drink, and wont sleep.I was up four times with him last night. He has broken out with a rash due to the high and prolonged fever. And to top it all off, Dave is out of town and will be till Friday. SO not my idea of a good party...

5 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

Oh my GOSH!! You just totally scared me!!! I never want my baby to start teething! That sounds so miserable! Poor baby :(
I hope (for both of your sakes) that it all ends SOON!!!

Suze said...

Poor kid, Hope he gets better soon. . . Genne is still pretty much toothless.

Jenn said...

Oh my! I don't think I've ever heard of teething being that bad. Poor kiddo.

Unknown said...

Wow I have never heard of it so bad either! I am sorry I hope the cut soon and you all get a break!

Laura said...

Oh Mel! I'm so sorry! I hope things calm down for you...and soon!