Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Post By David

Sorry you have to hear from me. My wife thinks I am doing homework right now, and I just wanted to write a quick note about her to surprise her.

She made cookies the other day, and they were delectable. Unfortunately, she insists on doling out some of these cookies to our "friends". Personally, I think if they were really our "friends" they would deny the offer and let me eat the cookies. Mel is a giving person.

Her pregnancy is going well. Despite the fact that she is growing another person inside of her, she still works hard all day with Carson and keeping the apartment tidy. All I do during the day is sit in class and digest my breakfast, if I eat it. Mel gets upset when I don't eat breakfast, something about being healthy and not wanting me to die when I'm fifty because all I do is eat cookies on my way out the door. Maybe that's why she gives them away :). I can't wait to get home from school and work so I can play with Carson and Mel can get a break.

Mel is faithful. Her bum of a husband hasn't found a job yet, and she will not stop smiling. Her chipper attitude is highly contagious.

We had fun picking out the new background for the blog. I love the picture that my brother Jeff took of Mel and Carson. Aren't the two of them beautiful?*

I love my wife. She makes me happy.

*The answer is Yes.

7 comments:

Laura said...

Mel definitely is great! Sorry I missed your call on Sunday, we'll have to get together soon!

Adam and Julie H. said...

That picture should be on the cover of a baby magazine. So cute!

Emily said...

Well, Dave, your "friends" really like getting your wife's homemade cookies. And if you keep bringing them by, your "friends" might just return the favor every now and again. And you're right, Mel is quite amazing.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry too much about the cookies, son, I've done that for nearly all my life. You'll be fine as long as they are Mel's cookies. We love you all so very much. Dad

Quinten said...

Uhhh.. I am not anonymus, just can't see to hit the right circle!!!

Unknown said...

Melanie you are awesome and with a great husband and baby boy! I love the new picture on the top!

Joanna said...

You have a wonderful wife, Dave. But Mel would definitely say that she's got the best husband, so you're quite a good match. And yes, that's a great picture at the top of your blog.