Saturday, June 14, 2008

Equestrian Adventures

This was what we got to do bright and early Saturday morning...

...and these are the lovely people that made it happen.

Above is my sister Jenn. She was the babysitter. Below is her husband Richard. He was our trail guide and did everything else involved with riding horses for that matter too.

I felt like a real cowgirl with these rockin' boots on. They are my sister's mother-in-laws (figure that one out). They were the perfect size and although they are definitely the ugliest things I have ever worn, they are quite possibly the most comfortable as well. I considered running off with them, but then I couldn't think of any outfits that would go with them.
This is me pretending like I wasn't intimidated by the HUGE horse I was riding. I really don't know much horse jargon, but for those of you that do, his name is Business, and he is 16 and 1/2 hands high. He was BY FAR the biggest horse of the three.
This is handsome Dave riding Angel. He was a regular cowboy.
I saved the cutest cowboy for last. We didn't think he was quite up to handling his own horse. We think walking first might be a better idea... or even sitting for that matter.

5 comments:

quinten said...

Looks like you had a great time. Where did you go? Carson shouln't have had any trouble riding... Love , Dad

Ashlie said...

Carson is so cute! And chubby :)

Suze B. Vinton said...

I love that picture of Carson with the big hat. He looks adorable.

Jenn said...

Love me some Carson! I will miss the little fella while I am in Boise. you guys better hurry up and move over there when you are done with school...k?!

Gabrielsen Family said...

I am laughing--on anybody else those double chins would be a sign of serious dieting counseling.