Saturday, June 14, 2008

And I thought I enjoyed back scratches...

...this horse puts me to shame.
I thought this picture was funny enough to deserve its own post. The horse above is a Curly named Dallas. Dallas LOVES to be scratched. After we got back from our ride the horses needed to be watered. While my sister was watering Dallas, my brother in law hopped into the pen to give him a little lovin'. Richard got his hands working furiously under Dalla's mane and that's when it happened...
Dallas' lips started to twich like he was holding in a sneeze. Then, they started to pucker a little and twitch even more, kind of like a teenage boy practicing kissing in the mirror. From there it progressed to something like a toothy smile. And finally, Dallas' lips curled back into utter delight. His upper lip would flap clear back over his teeth and he would throw his head up in the air and roll his eyes in pure ecstasy. I thought I might die laughing. When Richard was done, Dallas would chase him around the pen hoping for more. (In case you can't tell from the picture, those are the horses top teeth with his top lip flappin' in the wind.)

5 comments:

Just Only Me said...

You seriously are such a creative writer! I laughed out loud (and woke up the baby) when I read this post! Looks like you had some fun. You go, cowgirl!

Jenn said...

Oh, I love Dallas. He is my favorite Horsie (NOT TO RIDE THOUGH, thank you very much). We are so glad that you came up. I am glad that you have the same sense of humor as I and laugh at the same things.

Adam and Julie H. said...

How fun! My horse likes a good scratch too....on her butt! LOL.

Laura said...

That is hysterical! You did such a great job describing it, but could we see an impersonation? Oh, and I'm working on a blog...someday:)

Leslie said...

Hey Melanie-- I made your poppyseed chicken and LOVED it! Thanks for sharing the recipe on your blog. Hope you guys are doing well.