Friday, December 7, 2007

"I'll be home for Christmas..."

Merry Christmas again. I am explaining our Christmas situation as I promised my last blog. Here is what happened at my doctor's appointment last Tuesday:

The Dr. asked me if I had any questions about anything before he left the little room we were in. Thinking that he would tell me if I should stay or could go out of town for Christmas at the next appointment I will be having (December 18th), I wasn't going to ask about it then, but then thought twice about it and asked for his opinion on the matter. His response was "don't go more than an hour and a half away." I proceeded to ask him if we could leave anyway since I would be 37 weeks ON Christmas day, and figured that wouldn't be a big deal. He then reminded me that 37 weeks is considered full term, AND then he told me that of the babies he had delivered that week, the latest one was 38 weeks. Dave who is so caring and careful wasn't about to push it; he worries about me too much (and I love it), piped up at that point, and he and I decided that the risk was not worth it, and we should listen to the doctor and stay in Provo. Because I was preparing to hear something like that from the doctor (but wasn't expecting to know for two more weeks), it wasn't TOO terribly disappointing. Dave and I are really excited to spend out little Christmas together and have some fun plans. But first we had to put up the decorations....



As far as the tree goes, here is the final product...
Happy Holidays Everyone!!

8 comments:

Gabrielsen Family said...

Looks like fun to me and you can establish your own traditions.

MidCityGal said...

I'm sure that's very disappointing if you were planning to be with family on Christmas. But, it's very cozy to spend Christmas with just your husband. It's so fun. And we (DH & I) definitely cannot go anywhere on Christmas-- so I'll think about you. You'll probably be wondering the same thing as me: when am I going to have this baby?

I'm actually feeling really good these days. In fact, it's hard to believe I'm really have a baby soon-- in like 5 weeks. But, I can't wait. Everything is becoming much more real to me. Are you having Braxton HIcks contractions? Everyone keeps asking me, and I don't think that I am. Or at least I don't know it. So, I'm not sure reality has started to set in.

Keep me posted!

Jeffery and Nicole said...

I'm sorry! We are staying at home for Christmas morning too. But then of course traveling around to see everyone else later on that day. We should do something since we will be around!

Jenn said...

That is a good way to establish your own traditions! Plus you can come to oldhams with me when we get back;-) We could do a fun christmas dinner or something!!! Also, I have so bulbs for the tree if you woudl ike them;-0 I got some lovely ones for my shower!!!

S.K. said...

Hey...we'll be in town too! We should do something together at some point. Maybe I will bribe Eric into making a special dinner or dessert and we'll have you over. I'll call you!

Vance Fager Family said...

Cute tree and decorations.

Russell and Jillian said...

I think we have the exact same tree! Is it the 6-foot Walmart special? Fun stuff. You look great and I don't think your belly is odd-shaped. Sorry I haven't called yet. I'll get around to it one of these days....The knee feels fine. Too bad ACL's don't heal on their own :)

Joseph A said...

Don't go anywhere...just trust me. :o) That tree that Dave is setting up is the same one we had at Wymount. Ah, Wymount memories. I really do miss it there... Have a Merry Christmas and good luck.