Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Baby Shower

This last Saturday my wonderful friends and family threw me a perfect baby shower. It was so fun to see everyone and catch up a little. Everyone was so kind and generous, the food was fantastic, and the decorations were adorable.




Look at all these beautiful women! I am so blessed to have wonderful friends!! Can you believe they are even more gorgeous on the inside?!?!

We played a few games. I don't know what this one was...
...or this one...


I do know what I was doing in the picture above. My friends had all written down/come up with names according to the letters that are in Daves full name as well as mine. I forgot to bring the little slips to work so I could type them up, so I will have to go from memory and and add the rest later. Some of the names people came up with were:

Melvid, Melger, Algernon, Memil, Tavian, Coco, Tanker, Rocket (pair that with Crockett), Alligator, Vladimir, Lancelot...oh the were so many funny ones, I can't remember them all. I promise to post them later.

I also need to mention my wonderful baby shower in Boise. My fabulous mother and sister-in-laws threw me a great shower. They too were so kind and generous. It was so great to be surrounded by all my family. My sister in law Becky is due right around the same time that I am, so it has been good going on this adventure with her. I wish I had remembered my camera for that shower but I didn't, otherwise I would have put those pictures up long ago!

Games and food aside, thank you all for coming and supporting me. I couldn't ask for better people to rub shoulders with/look up to. It's times like these that make me feel so blessed. I truly appreciate and love every one of you that came (as well as those that couldn't make it). Thank you again for everything!

6 comments:

Nicole said...

I did get it! Thank you! I didn't get to try any because Jeff took it with him to work and ate it all! It looked good though. Thanks! I'm glad you had a great baby shower, I wish I could have stayed longer!

Jenn Oldham said...

IT was a fun occasion!! Can't wait to meet the little guy in real life though...HURRY UP CARSON!!

Vance Fager Family said...

I'm glad to see the pictures. It looked like a really nice place to be. I wish I could have come :-)

Ashley A. said...

Thanks Melanie! That was really fun. It was good to see you. Good luck with the last few weeks and I hope all goes smoothly. Merry Christmas!

Nicole said...

Congratulations on the new little boy! Let us know if you need anything!

Russell and Jillian said...

PICTURES, PICTURES! We need pictures! Congratulation Melanie and Dave. Can't wait to see Carson. I bet he's adorable!