Thursday, December 13, 2007

I don't get it

So, I had to get online and post this really quickly just because it is really ironic to me:
My boss just came out of his office and up to the front reception area where I work. He asked me if I would go pull some files for him and bring them to him in his office. Ironic? Not until you realize that he had to walk past the "file room" to get to my desk up front, and asked me to pull two files that would have been faster for him to find, than to get the words out.
AND every time my phone rings with the intercom light flashing, I cringe. I get asked on AT LEAST a daily basis to get up, go get files, and bring them to him. What I don't really get, is that I am basically nine months pregnant, there is another girl whose office shares a wall with the file room, and is right next to my bosses. Does he ever page her.... nope. AND, the way the file room is set up, there are a few drawers that you can only get files out of if you wedge yourself between the other files, and the drawer you need to open. I fit with minimal room to spare when I WASN'T pregnant. Now, I don't fit at all. In fact, I had to pull some files today where I had to maim and mangle the file to get it out of the only partially open drawer. Poor files.
BUT I can't complain too much. My boss is the nicest guy ever. He is so kind and so generous. In fact, he just paged me (I just barely got back to posting), to see if I wanted lunch. He is going to get Betos for the both of us. He lets me work full time with nothing to do when he goes out of town. My job depends on him being in the office, but he will let me work, just for the hours and money. He was gone for all but one week in November, and he let me work that whole time. He is always so nice to get little gifts for us here in the office (there are only a handful of us) for each holiday. This job has really been a blessing. And so are the constant file-retrieving pages that I get. He is just trying to help me stay fit, and not gain too much weight :)

3 comments:

Mitzi said...

LOL! Men's brains are just wired wrong. That's how it is! Your post made me crack up, because husbands (at least mine) can definitely be like that too!

Nicole said...

That is ironic. I agree with her, men are just weird:) We love them still! I'm feeling a lot better now, just a bad cold. Thanks though!

Chris and Linda said...

Ok, so this blog fits you much better then the random one I thought was yours! Thanks again for the teats!