Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A Little FYI on Dave

I ran across this post on a few other people's blogs and liked it. It is someone elses "blog tag" they set up, and I don't mind being tagged because it gives me something to write about, but I thought this was more fun because seeing as I mostly talk about myself, this gives you a peek into Dave's life and our relationship a little more. (Don't worry; nothing is too personal :) Also, this is more like the Melanie 101 list...
Don't worry; as you come to the bottom of this post, you WILL NOT find that I have tagged you once again; this is simply for your enjoyment.

What is his name? David Alvin Crockett
How long have you been together? Since May 5, 2006 - it was a gorgeous day in every way. If I could go back to that date, I wouldn't change a thing.
How long did you date? We met 10 years ago, hung out through high school (wherein I took him to a dance... our only HS date), and started dating the September after he got off his mission. We got engaged in January and married in May. So to answer the original question; 4 months of official dating and 4 months of official engagement.
How old is he? 23 years 7 months and 21 days.
Who eats more? I don't know. I eat a bigger breakfast, Dave eats a MUCH bigger lunch, and I think I eat a bigger dinner. So my best guess would be Dave eats more.
Who said I love you first? Verbally--Dave. Nonverbally--Me. I will explain this.... Growing up, my family had a little thing where three hand squeezes meant I love you. While Dave and I were dating, and when I knew I loved him, I would simply give his hand three quick squeezes; I knew exactly what I was doing/saying, but Dave hadn't the foggiest :) I simply waited until he was ready to say those oh so important words, then reciprocated.
Who is taller? We are both enormous, but Dave takes the cake at 6'3''.
Who sings better? Dave would say I do, but I say Dave does! Dave has a deep, rich, resonate voice that I love. Dave can also hear parts... this is the one talent I plan on asking for when I die. He sings beautifully, has tremendous pitch, and hears parts.... so it's final....Dave sings better!
Who is smarter? I am better at science, he is better at math. Dave has a lot of common sense, but I read people better. hmmmmm
Whose temper is worse? Mine. I think I want to change this question though; Dave has a more even temprament (sp?), but neither one of us really has a temper.
Who does the laundry? Mostly me, but Dave helps a lot!!
Who does the dishes? When I was first pregnant; Dave did it all. During the summer its about even, and during the school year I wash every last item.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I don't know because if you stand at the head of the bed, I sleep on the right, but if you stand at the foot of the bed, Dave does.
Who pays the bills? It's about equal. But if you ask who does a lot of the finances; DAVE through and through.
Who mows the lawn? Wymount! When we have a lawn my guess is it will be Dave although I LOVE to mow the lawn.
Who cooks dinner? I do. Dave can make some great "mission quickies", but I would say I cook 98% of the time.
Who drives when you are together? I drive him to school everyday and then head into work, but other than that Dave does all the driving.
Who is more stubborn? Unfortunately I am.
Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? ME!! This is simply because I am always the one that is wrong :) Dave is quick to remedy anything he things he might have done though. But I am serious about me being the one that makes the most mistakes.
Whose parents do you see the most? Probaby mine simply because they come down to Utah more.
Who kissed who first? Dave kissed me first; I was bound to let him take everything at his own pace...
Who asked who out? I aksed Dave to that dance in high school, but when we started dating post mission, he asked me out. I did however give him a HUGE open door to do so. It went something like this... me: "So how do you like being in school?" dave: "it's great" me: "so have you discovered the fun things to do in Provo yet?" dave: "not really" me: "well, one place you will have to check out is smart cookie! (this was followed by an explanation of the business). dave: "sounds yummy" after a few moment of other small talk, he then proceeded to see if I wanted to go to Smart Cookie with him later that week ;)
Who proposed? Dave (I only know of one situation where it was the other way around). Dave asked me to marry him after taking me on our first date all over again... smart cookie and a walk. He did it at the park we liked to go to, except in January we were being sprinkled with a light drift of snow... it was SO ROMANTIC!!
Who is more sensitive? I am more emotional for sure, but I would say Dave is as "sensitive" as I am.
Who has more friends? Dave; he has a real knack with people. I admire/envy his ability to make friends.
Who has more siblings? Dave. He is the youngest of 7.
Who wears the pants in the family? Well, I don't know anything except at this point I think I prefer wearing skirts!

4 comments:

Jessica Davis said...

Melanie, this is so cute! It's fun to get the scoop on you and Dave and hear some of your insights and little experiences together. You guys are both so great.

MidCityGal said...

Fun post! It's nice to hear more about you two. I might copy this and answer too, if you don't mind.

Gina said...

Love this. I want to do it. I had fun learning a little more about your relationship. I know you and I know Dave--but this whole Dave and Melanie as a couple thing is new to me!

Jessica Davis said...

Melanie...I just emailed everyone about a recipe blog my sister and I just set up, but for some reason I missed your name in my contacts. It's www.hotoutoftheoven.blogspot.com.