Thursday, June 14, 2007

Baseball Is NOT So Friendly

This last weekend Dave decided he wanted to have a home-run derby with he and his buddies. When they were all there the excitement began. I usually pitch, but because it makes me sore, I decided I wanted to catch this time around. As I was headed to the backstop I noticed a ball sitting between the batter and the pitcher. I decided to take a detour and pick it up. When I turned from the path I was on and starting heading into the danger zone, Dave called out warning from the outfield, "watch out honey, I don't want you do get hit!"... you can probably guess what happened next. The pitcher (who I thought would have waited for me to retrieve the stray ball) let it fly, and the batter connected (quite well I might add). At this point I was probalby 15 feet from the pitcher and off to the side a little bit... oh boy did I get nailed. The ball hit me square in the thigh. I blew it off like nothing had happened, but it sure didn't feel pretty, my thigh stung for the next 12 hours. When we were back inside I took a look at the damage. It looked like someone had glued a big bright red cheerio to my leg. The welt was huge and really raised. For whatever reason, the welt was on the outline of a circle, there was nothing in the middle. I would show you a picture, but you don't want to see these pasty thighs. Almost a week later, the welt it obviously gone, but there is a really cool bruise in its place. The bruise in also shaped like a large cheerio, and is really hard. I suppose I am lucky it was my leg and not my face.

3 comments:

Russell and Jillian said...

OUCH!! Even worse than repeated meetings with the hip and the gym floor? Glad it wasn't on your face either. Way to take one for the team!

Jenn said...

OUCHHHHHHHHHH!

Jenn said...

PS how do you make it so people can't leave anonymous comments.