Monday, July 8, 2013

Oh Baby, Bring on the Baby!

I had a 34 week ultrasound which ended up being first thing in the morning on 34 w 5 d. My OB likes to be EXTRA meticulous and text book. She wanted to check:

Position: Head down, facing my left side. I am pretty sure all 4 of my boys have been in this exact position.
Placenta: Looks good, calcification is minimal/average for this point in a pregnancy.
Amniotic Fluid: 9 - what the tech said was average.
Cervix Length: 3.91 cm. Supposed to be between 3 and 5. I don't seem to efface much or dilate till d-day. My cervix is a superstar :).
Estimated Fetal Size: 6 lbs 10 oz.The margin of error is give or take a pound. I have been able to tell that this boy is big and was not surprised in the least to hear my 35 weeker would be 7 lbs. This is just like Carson and Drake. Brooks was my exception and I think is part of the reason I went so much longer with him.
Estimated Due Date: According to the ultrasound 7/31. I have had a couple of big babies and am anticipating going a bit early, but not THAT early. I am going to guess anywhere from 8/3-8/8.

Other interesting stuff: I mentioned to the tech that the 20 week ultrasound technician wouldn't say for sure the gender because "you never really know until they come out".  This tech immediately when on a genitalia search. I should mention she was having a hard time getting a good look because his bum was hiding behind my sternum (no, I can't breathe), but she promptly laughed and said, "yeah, it's a boy". I already knew that but it was nice to have someone else confirm it.
His heart rate was 132 which its been at my last 3 appointments. The other three have always hovered in the 150s. Maybe this baby will be a bit more mellow :).
He appears to have big lips or at least as far as you can tell with a fuzzy black and white picture. They really reminded me of Brooks'.

We really can't wait for him to get here. These next 4-5 weeks are going to draaaag on simply because I am so excited for this little baby. Is it August yet?!?!?

1 comment:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

ooooh the end can be so hard! hang in there! i always hate how i feel like a little ticking time bomb that could go off at any time!!! it's stressful to me! PLUS waiting is hard when your so close to snuggling your little bundle!!! it's almost over! hooray!!! :)

p.s. that's neat that your ob does a third trimester u/s. i think with layla i only got one u/s the entire pregnancy! i always wanted a couple more towards the end bc it's so fun to just watch them on the screen!!