Saturday, February 4, 2012

16 inches of snow!

We got DUMPED on these past few days. A big storm system hit our area and is continuing east. There are a few things about it that stress me out, that being said, I am putting a smile on my face about it. In honor of each blessed inch that we got, here are 16 things I like about it:
1. It waters my lawn (after seeding that past fall, I can't be grateful enough for this moisture!)
2. It makes everything beautiful
3. It's romantic to cuddle up inside a warm, cozy home while it snows outside
4. We are blessed with the means to stay warm even when it's freezing outside...or you happen to be buried in a snow pile...

5. It's fun to dress Drake up in his snow gear and watch him try to move in it...yes, he is face down on the carpet...motionless

6. I am SOOOOO grateful for a garage to park in. No snow on my cars thankyouverymuch! (This is one bizarre picture...it cracks me up that all you can see is my legs. I am trying to fix Drake's boots and I had to sit down to do it. I had no idea this picture even existed till five minutes ago.)
7. I am grateful for my boots; even if they aren't snow boots...

8. It's a lot of fun to be able to play in it with these two little goofballs.
9. Snow makes me grateful for snow shovels. We'd be toast without them!
10. That being said, I am grateful when it snows because I like to shovel it.
11. I like to exercise and shoveling snow is a FANTASTIC workout. Dave and I burned 1000 calories today just clearing the driveway.
12. Storms like this make memories.

Notice how deep our pile is already...use the snow shovel as a reference. This is after just half to two-thirds of the driveway has been cleared...see below

13. I don't have to sleep in it. Can you imagine being a pioneer??!!
14. It makes me appreciate the other seasons even more.
15. It's fun to play in the snow. Better than leaves if you ask me (even though autumn is my favorite season).
16. It it more evidence of a majestic God.

1 comment:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

holy smokes! that would stress me out too!! but it is fun to be warm and cozy inside and watch a big snow storm like that! Wierd that i don't know this....but where are you guys living? E. ID?
that's the best thing about boise.... when we get snow storms, it's gone the next day so you don't really have to deal with the snow but get the fun of experiencing it for a day!

stay warm!
p.s. cute boots :)