Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Thankful

Isn't this just the BEST time of year?! I want to have gratitude; always. In honor of Thanksgiving, I want to reflect on some of what I am grateful for. I would like to think that the list could go on, and on, but I am gonna stick with 100. I challenge you do to this too...

1. A loving Heavenly Father
2. His Son Jesus Christ
3. The gospel
4. My perfect husband
5. Sweet Carson
6. Spunky Drake
7. Innocent Brooks
8. Contacts and glasses
9. My home
10. My mini-van (NEVER thought I would say that...EVER)
11. My Vacuum
12. My bed
13. Hot showers
14. Food & feeding my family healthy things (grateful for the knowledge)
15. Trials
16. Sacrifice - I'm learning this one...thank you, children
17. Chapstick
18. Date night with my hubby
19. A good pair of walking shoes
20. Some wicked-awesome tenacity
21. My height
22. Good friends - I have had a few near and dear friends come into my life. Makes me realize I was really missing out when I didn't put the effort in to be a good friend to those when I was younger.
23. My sewing machine
24. My strollers
25. Food storage
26. Tupperware
27. Blogging - I love to express my feelings
28. Good conversations
29. Everyone who is smarter than I. I love learning from others
30. A good feather pillow
31. My cell phone...aka lifeline to my family
32. A garage to park in
33. Generous people
34. The ability to bear and rear children
35. Hairbands - big time
36. A good book
37. Humor - I LOVE to laugh
38. Beautiful music
39. Music that makes you want to dance
40. My family - all of them
41. My bathrobe. It's pink
42. Make-up. I am not addicted to it, but I really do need mascara.
43. Q-tips
44. New York & Company - FINALLY a store I KNOW I can by pants in that will be long enough and won't break the bank
45. My razor
46. My toothbrush
47. Fun Games - my favorite two being Pinochle and Guesstures. If you EVER want to play PLEEEEASE call me!
48. The YW in my ward - my current calling is with them
49. Visiting Teaching - I know, I am a dork
50. The nice animal control people
51. The shopping carts and wal-mart...you know, the ones made to hold like 6 kids
52. My grandparents (I know this goes along with family, but they deserve an extra big shout-out)
53. Thermal curtains
54. Working air conditioning and heating
55. Those of you who read my blog - again, dorky, I know. It SERIOUSLY makes my day when I find out someone reads it though whom I didn't expect. I also love my "regulars". Writing for myself, but giving others insights into our lives is truly the best combination in my mind.
56. Grass - ours is currently being groomed. We seeded a couple of months ago. Can't wait to lay on it with the kiddos and look at the clouds.
57. Volleyball
58. My piano...one of my best friends
59. A musical husband - we love to "jam"
60. Hand sanitizer
61. Icecream - it's my go-to. Everything else I can pass up.
62. A strong body
63. My education
64. The shows Dave and I watch together (Bones, Mentalist, Leverage) it's really fun to hunker down and decompress with him after a long day.
65. POPCORN!!!!
66. Braces
65. Dove soap
66. Dave's "Astros" sweatshirt. I wear it ALLLLLL the time
67. Refrigerators
68. Rain
69. Holidays
70. Musicals - we are going to see the Lion King tonight!
71. Lilac bushes
72. Daylight/Sunlight - isn't it ironic that my birthday fall on the longest day of the year?? (as far as sunlight is concerned)
73. Clear night skies - on occasion, Dave and I will sneak out our bedroom window and lay on the roof that is over the garage and just gaze up into the sky...
74. periods. I do this....way...too...much...and...I...know...it...but...I...don't...care...
75. Love letters
76. BACK SCRATCHES!!!! - NOT back rubs
77. Toilet paper...and toilets for that matter
78. My scale - strange, I know
79. My teeth
80. Green eyes - not many people have them; it's kinda fun
81. My scriptures
82. All the parks around here
83. Water - clean water at my disposal - wow
84. Dave's job
85. My job - tiny as it is, I am grateful for it (I work for my mom like 3 hours a week)
86. My computer
87. Fingernail clippers
88. Opportunities to serve
89. Good memories - I have SOOOOOOO many stories to share
90. My wedding ring. I love it
91. Deodorant - I have the ability to be one STINKY girl
92. Trampolines
93. Sunglasses
94. Duct tape
95. Plastic wrap and aluminum foil
96. Garlic and onions - hhhhhhi! hhhhhhhhhhhow are yooooooooou?
97. Scrapbooks (my blog is included in this)
98. External hard drives
99. Sleeping babies - they are so beautiful and peaceful
100. The temple

2 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

1. you said strollers twice; but i couldn't agree more!! seriously! what would i do without my stroller!? we get to go for a walk everyday! love it!!! and it makes it so easy to go places without having to carry the little guy everywhere and not worry about him wondering off!! LOVE strollers! seriously!
2. we LOVE leverage too! such a good one!
3. we are huge game people! we should get together some time and play Pinochle ...but we are waaaay beginners :-)

and i am THANKFUL for your blog too! it is fun to read updates on your cute family!!

XO

Emily said...

I love this list! I wish we lived close enough to play games with you guys...those are some of my favorite memories of Wymount.