Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Dogs & Scammer Udpates

DOGS
I want to give a big shout out to those who helped give me ideas on my canine conquests. Here is what I have come up with:
1. I now walk a different route on my walk. I leave my street and cut across a nearby field over to the business area by by neighborhood. I feel substantially safer. There are a lot less cars too.
2. I will be carrying wasp spray. I have received that recommendation a couple of times now. It has the same effect as the mace spray but shoots a lot farther.
3. I am seriously contemplating carrying a "walking stick" aka golf club.

SCAMMER
Shortly after returning back from Trick-or-Treating on Halloween we got a call from Geico. Thinking it was yet another sales call (we get like 5 a day), I didn't answer. They proceeded to leave a message, "Hello this is ??? from Geico. I am calling regarding such and such claim involving an unoccupied vehicle..."
"Hello! Hello!" I quickly picked up the phone. The nice lady and I had a long conversation about the "incident". Turns out the accuser did in fact write down my license plate number. I explained to her what had (or had not) happened. She gave her two cents saying it was odd the claim hadn't been called in until that day. And after much deliberation the claim was flagged and to be further investigated.
That night and the next day I made a gazillion phone calls to various insurance workers both with Geico and my own. Some people were helpful, some were not. I learned that Geico has filed a claim, and my own insurance has to file a separate one. I have kept my agent abreast of the situation and hope he is taking care of it (he already has the note left and a document I typed up immediately after the occurrence with every single objective thing I can remember). Regardless, I now sit and wait.

No comments: