Friday, October 21, 2011

Time Flies

Things have gotten uber busy around here. I feel like he have advanced through stages; busy, really busy, and crazy busy already. Last I checked it was August?! Here are a few quick updates until I can actually sit down at a computer to write about life.

Carson:
-is really enjoying preschool. He is one smart, handsome little guy. The teacher stopped me on my way out the door this last week to ask me what I wanted him to work on in school since he is quite a bit more advanced than the current curriculum. We decided to do pre-reading with him.
-he is a wonderful helper and brother. I can really count on Carson.
-loved, loved, loved his swim lesson course. By the end he was jumping off the side repeatedly, without help. The water was up to his neck so he would go careening off the edge of the pool, figure out where he was in the world, plant his feet firmly on the bottom of the pool, and stand up.
- is starting to eat A LOT; must be going through a growth spurt
-is an all around fabulous little boy. I adore my little Carson.

Drake:
-is affectionately known as "Mr. Personality". He has it oozing out of that little body that isn't quite big enough to hold all of it.
- he still adores the baby and can't seem to show enough affection which, can be a bit overwhelming.
- will mimic EVERYTHING Carson does. He idolizes his big brother.
- Still has a swearing problem. (The whole "tr" sound substituted with an "f")
- Is one social little dude. He will play with anyone and everyone. (and yet, sometimes is perfectly content to play on his own).
- Has an obsession with trains; or should I say "fains"
- Is very affectionate.
- LOVES to sing.
- Drake is also a wonderful little boy who tries with all his might to do lots of good things. He melts my heart. He keeps us on our toes and even more keeps us smiling.

Brooks:
- Has two teeth. Yes, you read that right; 2!! He is only 4 1/2 months and seems to want to grow up.
- Is a little chatter box. He is VERY expressive with his sounds.
- Has big, beautiful, blue eyes just like his brothers.
- Has the greatest smile. He grins ear to ear and kind of ducks his little head like he is bashful. It's like the smile consumes his whole body and it is SO cute.
- Things certain noises are hilarious. i.e. zippers, snorting, raspberries etc.
- Likes mommy. A lot. Wants to be held by mommy...all the time.
- Is a good little eater. After a few biting and screaming episodes (remember the whole two teeth thing), he seems to understand that biting mommy isn't a good idea.
- Brooks is such a ray of sunshine in our little home. He is the epitome of a sweet, wonderful, heart-warming baby.

2 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

wow! i can't believe he is 4.5 months already!!! your boys are cute! can't wait to see more pics when life calms down a bit :)

Kenneth said...

How lovely to read about Brooks, two teeth already. I do love the things you write, it makes me feel so happy reading about you all.
You may wonder who I am, I am Gillian a friend from down under Australia.
All the best to you all.Thank you for the photo of Brooks in the Jacket I made him he is lovely.
The children have great eyes so blue just like my late Father had.
X