Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Poops and Pukes

This is something I wrote this last Sunday:

March 20, 2011
Not much to say here except Drake is sick...again. This is really getting old. He barfed ALL over the hallway at church when Dave went to pick Carson up from class. It has been more than exciting; let me tell ya. When we got home he proceeded to have "bazooka diarrhea" as Dave called it. He can't keep any fluids in. The second we put anything in his little body, he shoots it out one end or the other. Dave gave him a blessing, then one of the multiple people who called to check in on him via me, gave me an herbal suggestion to slow down his digestive tract. I felt like that was a big blessing. I was excited at the prospect of another option before we dump another grand at the ER. We got the pills at around 5:00 and he has only pooped once since (it's currently 9:00). Hopefully he has a good night.
Tomorrow if I get more down him, it will be a REALLY good day. (Today consisted of ANYTHING I could think of...otter pops, gatorade, fruit snacks, peaches, applesauce, and jello jigglers). So far the rest of us seem to be in the clear.
Dave is a champion. He was the one holding Drake when he threw up, so Dave was COVERED in vomit which consisted entirely of curdled milk. Then, the reason he dubbed it "bazooka diarrhea" was because he was changing Drake's diaper when the poop shot with great force from his little bum and COVERED Dave's pants and legs. When Dave left church, he had removed his jacket and tie. When I got home from church (I had to stick around for BYC), Dave was only in his underwear and a T-shirt. It was funny and pathetic at the same time.
Because of all the poop and puke, I have done 4 loads of laundry today which now need to be folded with the other 4 loads on my floor. How fast do you think I can fold 8 loads of laundry??...

Today:
Well, Drake's bug last only about 18 hours, but it was a fierce 18 hours. I've never seen anything quite like it. Yesterday he was pretty much fine. Today he was adorable and happy, with a good appetite and all. I was so excited that the rest of us had escaped the bug...

until 30 minutes ago.

Poor Carson just vomited. And so it begins...again.

*Update* Carson seems to be losing it from the top rather than the bottom. Even sick, he is adorable. The times he has vomited, he has quietly gone to find the nearest available trash can (one of which was directly next to a toilet), and throws up. He hasn't cried or complained or even made noise, really. He is clean and quiet, then shuffles his way back to bed. It makes me want to hug him and cry.
I LOATHE when my children are sick. It's not that it ruins my plans or creates gross messes to be cleaned up. I simply don't want them to suffer. I just want to take the pain and illness away so badly. Must be what our Father in Heaven feels like sometimes.

1 comment:

Christina Bishop said...

I am so sad you are sick now. I had to read your blog cause I'm having Melanie withdrawals :) Let me know if there is anything at all that I can do.