Monday, March 7, 2011

Nursery

I should document this before I forget. Drake's second day in nursery was yesterday. I missed the first because I was in New York, but I heard he did fabulously. Yesterday, I saw it for myself. Drake is in the "difficult" class...you know, the one with all the screamers; and I do mean screamers. It doesn't bother him. After sacrament we walked to the loudest class we could hear, walked in the door, parted ways, and that was it. Drake plopped himself down on the floor and started playing with some toys. He didn't mind if I was there, or wasn't.
I peeked through the hole a couple of times to make sure he was doing alright. Once, he was coloring (and did fabulously covering his paper), and another time he was eating his snacks. He was standing on his chair, propping himself up with his hands on the table. He was teetering over his hands, smashing his face into the table, eating the graham crackers with his lips and his teeth like some horse. It was hysterical!
When I went to pick him up he was all smiles and hugs. Made me happy.

p.s. Wednesday is my 28 week appointment. I PROMISE to put some pictures up. Some super cute (my wonderful boys), and some just plain fat ones (me).

2 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

yay!! i am so worried about the nursery thing. i don't know why??? jax is SO happy around people he doesn't know ... almost to a fault :)

what a big step for you guys!!! :)

Justin and Carissa said...

Yeah for nursery! Matthew also did great and acted like he'd grown up in nursery. It has been fabulous except where I feel like I can't take him if he is the least bit sick or just has a runny nose. Oh well.