Sunday, February 20, 2011

You Look....Horrible!

Dave and I went to stake choir practice this evening. We both love to sing and didn't have any meetings so were happy to be there.
I sat down on the bench when one of my young women plopped down right next to me.
"Wow!" she said. "You look like...I mean...you kinda look...like you are starting to look...you look...Horrible!"
Not sure what to think, I smacked her leg with my music and gently chided her, "that's not something you say to people."
We then sang a lovely rendition of "I Need Thee Every Hour". Good thing I know it by heart because I couldn't see the words through my tears.
TOTALLY KIDDING!!!
Truth is, I wasn't hurt; nothing that comes out of this young lady's mouth surprises me. I have wonderfully thick skin, and I love to laugh.
I simply enjoyed a good hearty chuckle with Dave when choir was over and I could tell him the story and apologize to him for my atrocious looks :).

2 comments:

Gina said...

got to love the tact of some people!

Shannon said...

Completely unrelated to your post... I seem to have lost your email when our computer died: (

Will you email me????

: ) Shannon