Thursday, December 30, 2010

Phew! What a Day!

We have been having BEAUTIFUL weather here. The high has hovered around 50 for quite a while. Today started off cold and has only gotten colder. The low tonight is supposed to be 3 degrees. Today of all days, our furnace broke. I was SUPER stressed. Our thermostat was set at 68 and upon returning home from an outing, our house was 60 degrees. It continued to drop through the rest of the afternoon. I was thinking things like "hypothermia, frostbite, death". The furnace guy FINALLY got to our house at 6:00 pm. It is now up to a balmy 65 in here and I am feeling very blessed.
In the middle of it all, my Grandpa passed away. He was 93 and had struggled with dementia for years. It was such a mix of emotions for me. I was relieved it was finally over, but saddened by the loss. Some get cranky and mean in the end, he went the other way. He became sweet, docile, childlike, and loving.

Willard Milton Fager May 10, 1917 - December 30, 2010

2 comments:

Amy said...

Glad you got to get your furnace fixed quickly.

I'm sorry about your grandpa. My thoughts and prayers with you.

quinten said...

I'm sure Grandpa Fager is delighting heavenly audiences with his wonderful harmonica playing. We love you... Grandpa, Grandma and Tine