Monday, October 21, 2013

Abnormal EKG

I just got back from the doctor. In case you can't tell from the title, it wasn't a great visit. I have been dizzy lately. Not just your average dizzy, and not vertigo since I have quite a bit of experience with that. I am also really fatigued, sleep a lot more than normal and am still beat, have a really low heart rate (like 36.  60 is as high as I am getting), can't focus (not distracted - literally can't seem to bring things into focus), and have a headache. All the time.
I have already been to the eye doctor to rule that out. I am not going blind...yet.
After getting fed up with they way that I feel, I called the doc this morning. In the appointment just now she was a bit perplexed and said, "you are not whiny person/patient. I think we should do an EKG because you if you say something is that off; it probably is". I felt grateful she was taking me that seriously, but freaked out at the same time.
I had 4 EKGs; they all came back abnormal. Scary. I know heart issues can range from very minor to...well, you know.
I will now go to a cardiologist and be monitored for 24 hours (I can take the monitor home). Time to figure out what is wrong. I am trying so hard not the think of the worst. All I want to do is take care of my four beautiful babies who depend so much on me. Extreme, I know. Ultimately, all is well though. I will update when I know what is wrong, but in the mean time just send a few prayers my way if you would please!

8 comments:

Nate and Julie said...

Sending prayers your way!

Jenn said...

Scary! I hope they figure out what it is and can treat it quickly!

Jacki's travels said...

Have you had your thyroid checked?

Melanie said...

Yes, Jacki. They have checked my thyroid twice in the last year (most recently August 1st). Levels always come back good. I do expect to be slapped with that issue at some point. Hypothyroid issues killed my great grandma, and has plagued both my maternal grandparents and my mother. They drew quite a bit of blood yesterday as well to run a gambit of tests. One of the hardest things for me at this point is not knowing...

Emily said...

Scary! We will pray for you. I can't imagine all those symptoms with four kids!

jess said...

Sending prayers your way, Mel!!

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

i'm so sorry. how stressful. sending prayers your way! keep us posted and try not to think the worst. xo

Kkelly said...

I just saw this. I am hoping you were able to get some info because playing the waiting game when your health is on the line is SO HARD!! Hugs to you friend.